No internet connection within XBMC - Ethernet Works, Wireless Doesn't?
Hey all

well i am running the newest version of XBMC for Media PC along with mediastream skin, but im having trouble getting an internet connection to my PC when connected WiFi

If i plug it in via ethernet to my router then it works fine and all scraper look ups etc work, but if I unplug that and connect using my Dlink wireless PCI card then no luck! the PC connects to my network & internet fine (using automatically obtain ip address etc) & i can browse the net etc but when i run XBMC on it it does not get the connection, no rss feed at the bottom of the screen & all weather & movie lookups etc fail.. when looking for thumbnails the options change from download thumb.... to "Remote Thumb" and no image comes up"

I wanted to try and assign it a static IP to see if that was the problem but notice that I don't have that option in my network settings, (no options to change from DCHP to static etc? just an option to enable HTTP Proxy, after a quick search i can see that these options are there for other people)

Any ideas what could be causing the block? its annoying having to have a massive wire running across the floor to the pc!

Thanks in advance

JonnyWiz
No idea what this could cause but XBMC uses whatever windows uses.
XBMC is working fine here via WiFi but you could turn on a debug log and post it via pastebin.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
had the same problem, I had it starting up in xp on autostart. Seems it didn't like the wireless since it was not connected when xbmc was started. had to plugin the cable and restart xbmc and then it worked fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No internet connection within XBMC - Ethernet Works, Wireless Doesn't?0