• 4(current)
Preparing all my 'media' for Aeon?
rickatnight11 Wrote:Honestly, using themoviedb.org/ is easier than a pack since you'd need to distribute the images throughout your videos and rename everything. This is why programs like Media Companion are best since they scrape the posters and fanart for you. Unless you had a better plan for this, why don't we just have everyone upload their images to the site. I have quite a few credits on movieposterdb.com, and haven't seen any rules against distributing their images.

I see....yeah, i guess i didn't really think about that....In any case, i am at the moment going through my collection and gathering and creating fanart and thumbnails (manually, as at the moment can't use Movie Info Plus or Media Companion).... I use a lot of different sites, and i have credits at http://www.movieposterdb.com

For thumbnails i am preffering to only use thumbnails with the title (i.e. no other text, credits, actor names etc), and if thumbnails aren't like this i edit them in Ps to my my liking.

So, when i get fanart and thumbnails done where is the best place to upload and share them?
Definitely themoviedb.org as you will see if you visit it. The front page is very simple, but try looking up a movie. You'll see what I mean. Media Companion will scrape from there as well making it infinitely easier to update your library with fan-art and posters.

The only downside is that the program doesn't scrape high resolution posters from movieposterdb.com if you have an account with credits. I just requested that feature, though.
Okay....Will upload stuff there when i get the chance...

Also, i've noticed that many movies don't have good 1080p fanart....So i was wondering if it is considered acceptable to use high resolution posters from movieposterdb and create fanart from them?
Absolutely, and it would be greatly appreciated. You'll notice that much of the fanart is made from posters. If it looks good then we certainly want them.
I might suggest too that if you're going to be editing out elements of text and so on, it would probably be a good idea to upload a version of the poster before editing it as well as after. Some people seem to prefer text for whatever reason, authenticity I suppose.
Hi guys, this looks terrific! I'm going to clean up my thumbs as well, but have a question:

From what i read in the wiki, the .tbn files are actually .jpg files. Therefore to edit them in photoshop, i need to rename them to .jpg. My problem here is that having to rename each file twice seems extremely redundant... How do you guys deal with that? Do you have any tricks? Any batch renaming utilities you would recommend?

Thanks in advance,

- Cas
What OS are you running?
i also have one question how i should prepare my movies for aeon stark...
the "best" resolution for posters is 1080px height, right? (even though i just have a 720p TV, i think i'll go with 1080p posters just to be sure its better quality Wink )... But what about the width of the posters? How many px would be "perfekt" to fit into the preview fields? What aspect ratio should they have? What's the "best" for aeon stark?

Greetings, BliBlaBlo
Aenima99x Wrote:What OS are you running?

I should probably have mentioned that... XP pro.

- Cas
cascius Wrote:I should probably have mentioned that... XP pro.

- Cas
I'm on Ubuntu and use GPrename. For windows, you could try this
I think this thread might be of interest here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=overlay
cascius Wrote:I should probably have mentioned that... XP pro.

- Cas

If all you want to do is change the file extension, just run "ren *.tbn *.jpg" in the relevant folder. The cmd shell may be pretty archaic, but it can handle really basic stuff like that. If you want to do anything more complicated get a tool or learn to write a script.
cascius Wrote:My problem here is that having to rename each file twice seems extremely redundant... How do you guys deal with that? Do you have any tricks? Any batch renaming utilities you would recommend?

Cas: try BRU (Bulk Rename Utility) http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/

Don't let the screenshots intimidate you; they can make it appear as if the software is overkill and confusing but the interface is very intuitive and you'd be amazed at how powerful the software is, not to mention how quickly you can whip through all kinds of rename jobs.

Let me know what you think of it if you end up using it Smile
Isnt it possible to autoscrape highres posters yet?
Yes, it'll scrape the best quality that's available at themoviedb.org (or wherever you're scraping from). The issue is that not every poster is available in good quality from there. The (probably) only site that does seem to have more or less every movie poster available in high resolution is movieposterdb.com, but that site is not free, and thus, cannot be scraped directly.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Preparing all my 'media' for Aeon?3