• 3(current)
Preparing all my 'media' for Aeon?
Cyndrax Wrote:Okay, it could be that I am dense, although rickatnight11's earlier post helped clear things up, but I have a huge favor to ask. Can someone confirm the following statement:

In this screen shot, the fanart for Faceoff is shown as the background and the thumbnail for Faceoff is shown as the poster in the (approx) bottom left corner.

I'M pretty sure that statement is correct
Weavus Wrote:Personally I get all my posters from http://www.movieposterdb.com/ but they charge per download at that site. They do have many high res posters however so I think its worth it.

I save the original full size posters (some get retouched in photoshop as needed) as:
Dark Knight, The (2008).jpg

I then have a script that I use to make a copy of the files as .tbn and then batch resize the images to my desired dimensions. This way I have been able to quickly and easily move from tbn posters sized at 500pixels high to 1080pixels as DJH has suggested previously in this thread.

umm .. what is the point of downloading something at 500 and upscaling to 1080 ??
Im currently downloading and making 1080 px high posters from images i find on the web for my 600+ movies if I can find a way to do it I can share (I have 60ish right now)
pletopia Wrote:umm .. what is the point of downloading something at 500 and upscaling to 1080 ??
Most of my posters are at least 2000px some are as high as 5000px.
pletopia Wrote:umm .. what is the point of downloading something at 500 and upscaling to 1080 ??

I think Weavus was saying that he downloads and saves the high resolution originals and then can resize them to whatever he needs. Previously 500px high, now 1080px high
myanek05 Wrote:Im currently downloading and making 1080 px high posters from images i find on the web for my 600+ movies if I can find a way to do it I can share (I have 60ish right now)

you could upload them to themoviedb.com Big Grin
Weavus Wrote:Most of my posters are at least 2000px some are as high as 5000px.

Cyndrax Wrote:I think Weavus was saying that he downloads and saves the high resolution originals and then can resize them to whatever he needs. Previously 500px high, now 1080px high

i still don't understand what is the point of taking something that was 500 pixels and upscaling it to 1080 pixels .. Huh

thats like taking a mp3 that was ripped at 128kps .. re-encoding it to 256kps and passing it off as being "higher quality" ..
pletopia Wrote:i still don't understand what is the point of taking something that was 500 pixels and upscaling it to 1080 pixels .. Huh

thats like taking a mp3 that was ripped at 128kps .. re-encoding it to 256kps and passing it off as being "higher quality" ..
Its quite simple:

I download posters at 2000px-5000px from moviepostersdb.com and save them as .jpg

I have a script that can make a copy of these files and rename them to .tbn and then resize them to whatever dimensions I want. Previously I generated .tbn files as 500px high. Then djh said use 1080px posters so I deleted my 500px .tbn files and made a new set from the original 2000px-5000px .jpgs at 1080px.

I did NOT resize from 500px to 1080px I resized from the original high quality ones I downloaded originally.

The point I'm getting at is if you download your posters in as high a quality as you can find its best to keep a copy of them and not resize the originals so if you want to make 1500px high posters next year for 'Aeon Two' you will be able to easily.
in other words just a misunderstanding by pletopia...

I on the other hand don't really see much of a difference between 500 vs 1080 or whatever... I mean the posters are only so big on the tv anyhow. I find the biggest thumbs on google as I can find and use those, I rarely have any issues... and I have a decent eye for resolution too, I just don't see much of a difference.
I think djh implied that the next Aeon will start showing _much_ bigger posters for some views. Perhaps we will see some views do near fullscreen poster sizes seeing as he is suggesting 1080px posters.

I agree with you about the the current Aeon. There is not much point in having 1080px posters as the posters on screen are so small.
yes .. now i understand Smile
so...any goers for a thumbnail pack?
Honestly, using themoviedb.org/ is easier than a pack since you'd need to distribute the images throughout your videos and rename everything. This is why programs like Media Companion are best since they scrape the posters and fanart for you. Unless you had a better plan for this, why don't we just have everyone upload their images to the site. I have quite a few credits on movieposterdb.com, and haven't seen any rules against distributing their images.
Agreed. Themoviedb is the way to go
Do you have any posters you would like to request? Chances are I need them too and there's no sense downloading posters without uploading them.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Preparing all my 'media' for Aeon?3