Volume is way down even at the highest setting
I am playing with XBMC for couple of days and liking it.

Most of my video are in H.264 format and when playing thru XBMC interface the volume is muffled even at the highest setting! FYI, when I play it thru GBPVR the sound is perfect.

Is there some setting in XBMC I should massage?
Having the same problem.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thx
Same problem. In XBMC the volume is unwatchably low, everywhere else it's fine.
Ok it looks like a systematic problem?? Anybody in XBMC teamHuh
I have the same problem with playing xvids on the windows platform. The volume is 10x louder when playing using MPC.
plus button on the keyboard

the other day I was playing with a new remote I rented from fry's (sucked) and when i hit down, it sailed down into mute and wouldn't come back ... through reboots, normal remote, that crap remote again, nothing worked ... except the +
Hi all

What Audio Codec is effected ? some side information could be helpfull

Area
volume is low for me just with dvds.
Quote:What Audio Codec is effected ? some side information could be helpfull

I have H.264 codec which is way down in volume - However for XVID codec the volume is fine
is it AC3 or DTS that is way down?
Yes, could you guys press the 'o' letter on your keyboard when playing a movie and read on the left corner what type of audio codec is used ?
While playing h.264 pressing 'o' gave me this (volume way down):

D (Audio:ac3, 48000 Hz, 5:1, 448 kb/s), P(aq:99%, cpu:0%, bitrate:440.904 KBits/s)
D(Video:h264,yuv420p,688x368) blah blah

While play xvid pressing 'o' gave me this (volume is fine):

D(Audio:mp3,44100 Hz,stereo,128kb/s), P(aq:99%,cpu:.....)
D(Video:mpeg4,yuv420p,512x272....
OK, Pressing "o" and trying with different movies the "problem" is with this kind:

Video : H264
Audio: AC3
Ah thank you guys Smile Now we know that it is only AC3 ( thought that already ), AC3 is decoded via liba52 but the plan for the future is to drop support for liba52 and switch with decoding to ffmpeg, its a new feature for this codec type and we will look and test how major it is. This issue is already adressed, please stay patient and keep an eye on updates.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume is way down even at the highest setting0