python problems when compiling for win
as far as i remember some times ago python was included (as a source) in xbmc svn... i've been coming back around after some time playing with linux and i can't compile xbmc under win anymore aspython libraries aren't included anymore... i've got no problem in downloading and installing python, but would like to know, if possible, what python version is usable, as with 2.6.1 i still can't compile, even after copying my python include dir to xbmc/lib/libpython/python/include (i get some "c:\roba\xbmc\xbmc\lib\libpython\python\include\pyconfig.h(201) : error C2632: 'int' non può essere seguito da 'int'" which would stay for 'int' can't be followed by 'int')

would anyone help?
succo Wrote:as far as i remember some times ago python was included (as a source) in xbmc svn... i've been coming back around after some time playing with linux and i can't compile xbmc under win anymore aspython libraries aren't included anymore... i've got no problem in downloading and installing python, but would like to know, if possible, what python version is usable, as with 2.6.1 i still can't compile, even after copying my python include dir to xbmc/lib/libpython/python/include (i get some "c:\roba\xbmc\xbmc\lib\libpython\python\include\pyconfig.h(201) : error C2632: 'int' non può essere seguito da 'int'" which would stay for 'int' can't be followed by 'int')

would anyone help?

as far as I know you dont need to have python installed on win32 to compile xbmc

unless I understand you wrong, python (i think 2.4) is included when you pull down the SVN branch and compile it.
Indeed. To compile XBMC our python dll doesn't need to be compiled since it is in svn. If you want to compile a new python dll (why?) you have to ask jmarshall as he recently recompiled it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ops... i can see it's there (browsing the SVN tree), but somehow it has not been downloaded in my checkout, nor i have had any error popping up... quite strange...

thanks for the help, will re-download the whole libphyton folder, just to be sure :p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
python problems when compiling for win0