mythbuntu hard drive part/ sizes
Hey All,

I did not realize when Mythbuntu setup (I used guided - DUH) anyhow Myth set up a 12Gb partion for / and then the rest of my space 360Gb in /var/lib.

I created a /var/lib/home directory in there and I am wondering if I can move the home/user/XBMC directory over to make some room on the / partiton.

this should not affect /home/user/.xbmc or usr/local/share/xbmc will it? I will just have to change to my new /var/lib/XBMC directory on the next svnup.

I also moved all my updates and user created files over to the new /home directory.

Dave
You can boot from the live CD, destroy the /var/lib partition, expand your root, and reformat and remount the /var/lib partition.
You have two options:
- Create a symlink from /home/user to /var/lib/user, hence using this file system: cd /home/user; ln -s /var/lib/<your xbmc dir> XBMC
- Mount this 360Gb partition as /home by copying there everything from /home (make sure you use cp -a), then load into single-user mode (type "init s" in the command line), and modify <i>/etc/fstab</i> to mount this partition/volume group as /home.

Second approach will make your future Linux upgrades or even distro changes a little easier.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mythbuntu hard drive part/ sizes0