mkv chapter support breaking, possibly
I'm certainly no programmer, and I have no idea how to read the debugging log, but I figured I'd say what's happening to me to see if anyone has any thoughts.

First, here's the log.

http://pastebin.com/m9dd7a9f

I've only downloaded 2 recent revisions. Rev16157 and 16853. In the first revision, I had a problem with an mkv video with chapter support in that the video would not skip to the next chapter, but would just skip to the end of the video.

This most recent revision, however, completely breaks the playback. I start the file and XBMC immediately hangs.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I have not yet tried reauthoring it through automkv, so I'll let you know if that helps, but for now it is definitely not working.

I should note, other video files play very well. It's only this one with chapter support that has, in any way, faltered.

Excuse me, I meant mkvmerge.
Some more info, after XBMC breaks, I get an error message that reads as follows:

Assertion failed!

Program: C:\program files\xbmc\Xbmc.exe
File: libavformat/utils.c
Line: 2007

Expression: s->chapters[i]->start<=s->chapters[i+1]->start

I don't know if that will help any.

Also, I should note that this file does work in both VLC and MPC using ffdshow codecs with chapter support.
I remuxed the file with mkvmerge, excluding the chapters. XBMC handled that file without problem. I have not tried muxing the chapter txt file back in, and probably won't until tonight.
Alright, this is probably user error in some way. I just checked another file that uses mkv chapters. That file works flawlessly. The remixed original file still doesn't. I figure that means there's something wrong with the chapter file, rather than xbmc or mkv chapter support in general.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mkv chapter support breaking, possibly0