XMovieGuide
i can't seem to back out of this script without doing a reset/reboot. the back button doesn't work for me.

it use to work.

does anybody else notice this?

i'm using cvs 12.16.2004.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
nuka,
i am having the same issue. can't hit back or menu, gots to turn off and back on the xbox.

great job with the script! another issue i am having is the the background is all black. i try to hit 1-8 on my remote and i can see the selections come up behind the other words for showings (words on top of words). i copyied the "images" folder like the directions said with the background images. any help or advise from anyone?
hello all.....

has anyone else had luck getting the new resolution code to work from jincman? i made the changes in his post but now the script will not run. i must be missing something...does it use the same background images provided with the script or do i need a new one? i'm running in 1080!.....

thanks again..and great script.
lennon
(lennon @ dec. 29 2004,12:10 Wrote:hello all.....

has anyone else had luck getting the new resolution code to work from jincman?  i made the changes in his post but now the script will not run.  i must be missing something...does it use the same background images provided with the script or do i need a new one?  i'm running in 1080!.....

thanks again..and great script.
lennon
make sure to launch the script from it's own directory.

for some reason you can not take this script outside of it's directory. i'll take a look at why at some point.

jay
the reason you cannot take it out of its own directory is because the root directory & image directory are defined in xmovieguide.py

if you make the following alterations:
Quote:rootdir = "q:\\scripts\\" #   - the directory containing the xmovieguide.py script.
webroot = "http://www.hollywood.com" # the source website for movie listings info (hollywood.com)
imagedir = "xmovieguide\\"
then you can place both the scripts in the scripts directory and create a folder in scripts called "xmovieguide" to place your images, the only 2 issues i have are the fact that my scripts folder is getting cluttered as hell & the back still wont exit.

with my other scripts (hold in mind i am using pm as a skin) ifi remove the image reference completely the script references the skin images first. so when i place them there (a minor bit of name editing in the files and scripts) they run fine and all that is in my scripts directory is the script file itself. while i am not a "coder" i tend to be more of a mymic, see how it works and then change it so i am going to try my hand at this one to be sure Wink just got to figure where the x & y are so i can move the left hand menu...
i tried this script a little while back and it is quite good. my question is this, is this script only for the u.s.? being a canadian myself, i havent been able to find any of my local listings. it does help a bit for me to see the times, if i'm going to drive up to new york anytime soon :d .well, i hope you can clarify whether canadian listings will be available anytime soon, it definately would be a great addition. great work so far!! :thumbsup:
put a new york zipcode in and set your search radius to a 1000 miles. :p

the script uses hollywood.com for it's info. which i believe is only usa.
i made some slight mods (based on the aqtbrowser script) to the script so that it will work with any resolution. pm me if you would like to try it out.
g
can any of you python gurus out there update/upgrade this script. for whatever reason it hangs on me all the time and i have to reboot to get out of the blasted thing.
(nuka1195 @ dec. 19 2004,15:27 Wrote:i can't seem to back out of this script without doing a reset/reboot. the back button doesn't work for me.

it use to work.

does anybody else notice this?

i'm using cvs 12.16.2004.
anyone find a fix to this?
yap, going to have to try my hand at recoding this and see if i can make it a bit more friendly unless its already been done.
the hanging appears to be internet related, mine works fine now. every once in a while it hangs, but not often.
it is fine for me too... no hanging.

i have seen issues with this before in the past but it has always been internet (web site) related.

maybe adding a timeout within the script to handle extra long response times?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
affini can you post the alteration you made to include a timeout. i'd like to see if i can get this *@#$ thing to work as its intended to without having to rebootmy box to exit it.
i did not change the script at all... i'm just suggesting that if people are getting a slow response from the net they may want to add a timeout so it does not hang.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMovieGuide0