3GB RAM
GeForce 9800 GT
(2012-11-12, 04:54)sharkcohen Wrote: Ubuntu 10.04
MythTV .24
Intel Core i7 965
3GB RAM
GeForce 9800 GT

That hardware should work fine.

In Settings / Video / Playback, is "allow hardware acceleration" enabled?

Yes, "allow hardware acceleration" is enabled.
(2012-11-12, 04:06)sharkcohen Wrote: Hoping someone can help. I'm using Eden and I'm trying to use mythbox as my frontend, but the video playback is choppy. Playback of other media in Eden works perfect, and I have no troubles with the mythtv frontend. I've tried playing around with the deinterlacing settings in mythbox, but can't seem to get smooth playback. I'm running all of this on Ubuntu 10.04, mythtv is .24, and I have an nvidia card with vdpau enabled. Let me know if any other info is needed. This is the one thing keeping me from using XBMC for *everything* I have.

Are the files stored locally or remotely?

If remotely you'd be best mounting the remote location they reside in locally and then adding the local location to the recording directories setting in Mythbox.
Hello,

I use XBMC frodo release candidate 3 and MythBox 1.1.0 (I think, the current version) with MythTV 0.26.

I cannot get MythBox running. I did configure everything right. The mythbackend says:

MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol version 8 but we speak 75!
2013-01-05 04:25:07.264358 W MainServer: Unknown socket closing MythSocket(0x8b78f0)

Do you have any hints for me?

Thanx
Yes, remove the official version and install this one:

https://github.com/mitchcapper/mythbox

Click the zip button and a zip file will download to your computer, remember where you downloaded it to.

Then in xbmc install the addon via zip file from System|Addons.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-01-06, 00:29)nickr Wrote: Yes, remove the official version and install this one:

https://github.com/mitchcapper/mythbox

Thanx, this one installed correctly. But it still does not show TV... when I chose a channel I see in the channel browser "no data" and nothing happens. I use MythTV backend 0.26. And I still see this error message at the MythTV backend:
MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol version 8 but we speak 75!

The GIT version of Mythbox now says the settings are okay, but still no TV.....

thanx for any hint
Malte
Mine works against 0.25 backend, sorry I don't have 0.26 backend to test against.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
This does not work with a Myth 0.26 backend. It reads the DB okay. But getting a MythSocket error from the Myth backend.
(2013-01-07, 20:44)OS/2 Wrote: This does not work with a Myth 0.26 backend. It reads the DB okay. But getting a MythSocket error from the Myth backend.

I downgraded to MythTV 0.25 but it still does not work, strange. Shouldn´t it work with 0.25?

The mythbackend says:

MainServer: Unknown socket closing MythSocket(0x86e670)

I thought Mythbox works with 0.25. I use Mythbox the latest from https://github.com/mitchcapper/mythbox

thanx

(2013-01-06, 03:18)nickr Wrote: Mine works against 0.25 backend, sorry I don't have 0.26 backend to test against.

I made a downgrade to 0.25, but it still does not work... latest Mythbox from https://github.com/mitchcapper/mythbox

Thanx
Malte
I have several questions (about my raspberry pi running mythbox):

1. Is this the best place (this thread) for discussing mythbox (specifically running this code http://code.google.com/p/mythbox/ on a raspberry pi running a port of xbmc)? I tried starting new threads at xbmc.org but have not gotten any responses.

2. Mythbox is not saving my mySQL Data Base settings between runs of mythbox. IP addresses, passwords, data base names... everything needs to be entered every go. Is this how it works for everyone?

3. I would be willing to make the code changes to support newer versions of Mythtvback end. I started out by making the following changes but could use pointers as to what to do next:

---------------------------------------------
Applied this patch to this file:
~/.xbmc/addons/script.mythbox/resources/src/mythbox/mythtv/protocol.py
477,484d476
< class Protocol75(Protocol74):
<
< def version(self):
< return 75
<
< def protocolToken(self):
< return "SweetRock"
<
518,519c510
< 74: Protocol74(), # 0.26
< 75: Protocol75() # 0.26
---
> 74: Protocol74() # 0.26

4. Here are the particulars regarding what I am running on the raspberry pi and on the mythbackend:

Version info:
pi@raspbmc:/$ cat /scripts/upd_hist/build_info
raspbmc-rls-1.0-hardfp-b20130208-u20130208

# mythbackend --version
Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
MythTV Version : v0.26.0
MythTV Branch :
Network Protocol : 75
Library API : 0.26.20120822-1
QT Version : 4.8.2

5. Using the above code, I have not been able to play back any recordings from the mythbackend (I have several other clients that are able to play back video from the mythbackend). I keep getting "Error: onClick" which, I think, is a common Python error message when using a GUI. Here is the Python Traceback. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.mythbox/resources/src/mythbox/util.py", line 265, in catchall_ui return func(*args, **kw)
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.mythbox/resources/src/mythbox/ui/recordings.py", line 140, in onClick self.goRecordingDetails()
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.mythbox/resources/src/mythbox/ui/recordings.py", line 523, in goRecordingDetails selectedProgram = self.activeGroup.programsByListItem[selectedItem]
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.mythbox/resources/lib/bidict/bidict.py", line 498, in __getitem__ return self._fwd[keyorslice]
KeyError: <xbmcgui.ListItem object at 0x36bef38>

-thanks
First, for the latest protocol support you can see my branch at: https://github.com/mitchcapper/mythbox
it supports up to the latest github version of mythtv (along with some frodo support).
No you should not have to re-enter the mysql settings each time.
Make sure you are not trying to use streaming, use the mounted share option.

Turn on debugging and check the logs it may be helpful as to why you are running into issues. Read some of the other debugging tips posted in the thread also.
Wow, you have been busy! My old copy of the GIT repository is only about a week old and inspecting protocol.py I see you have added support for just about any if not all the possible mythbackend protocols. I'll need to try out this new version of mythbox tonight!

I am hoping that I broke the mysql data base set-up somehow. And that a fresh copy of mythbox will fix me having to re-enter these settings all the time.

Quote: Make sure you are not trying to use streaming, use the mounted share option.

I'm not sure I follow you here. I think I saw some options allowing "aggressive streaming". I think they are "un-hi-lighted" by default. Again, I think all the settings are all getting repeatedly reset to initial states. So I assume this is (always) going to be off.

-thanks

I am not sure if this is an mythbox question or a raspbmc question...

Is there a way to use a "bold" or "larger" font size? While I hope to use the raspberry pi with better HDMI monitors, I do have one instance where I will want to use an old composite video NTSC style 53" monitor. I'm thinking I can make the font readable if I can change the current font to "bold" or increase the size (probably at the risk of pushing some text off the screen). So "bold" (I think) will be the first choice.

-thanks
mythbox has an option to stream from the backend or pull the recordings from a local file share mount, make sure to use the second.
So if one has multiple disks in a storage group, do you have to mount each one? Crazy stuff.
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC4