• 3(current)
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC
Swifty Wrote:Thanks Analogue,
If you require any further testing, logs, etc.. under Windows don't hesitate to shout Smile

Error occurs under XBMC Atlantis 8.10, but works under XBMC SVN Trunk.
README Updated (Windows section) to requires XBMC SVN Trunk.

http://code.google.com/p/mythbox/issues/...id=5&can=1
Thanks for the update, will checkout SVN in the next few days and see how it goes Wink
miked2024 Wrote:for HD capture from a satellite tuner, your only option is the Hauppage HD PVR which captures via component.

...or you can use an r5000HD from Nextcom wireless and record the digital Transport Stream directly from your satellite box via USB with no need for a tuner card at all.

http://www.nextcomwireless.com/R5000/home.htm

It works as a mythTV tuner now thanks to this patch here:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4752

Wes
waldo22 Wrote:...or you can use an r5000HD from Nextcom wireless and record the digital Transport Stream directly from your satellite box via USB with no need for a tuner card at all.

http://www.nextcomwireless.com/R5000/home.htm

It works as a mythTV tuner now thanks to this patch here:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4752

Wes

For nearly twice the price and voiding the warranty of your Dish/cable receiver; not to mention on dual-tuner STB's having to remember to not schedule recordings on Tuner 1 which it reserves for itself, in return for picture quality even the picky HT nuts at AVSForum can't always distinguish from the analog capture of the Hauppage unit.

The HD PVR isn't perfect but you'd have to be pretty insane to choose an R5000 over it to record HD satellite and cable feeds.
Hi All Wink

This is a great Script, but i have some problem.
Ubuntu 8.04- Xbmc Final Atlantis
Mythubuntu 0.21

When i watch a recorded program, then i stop it, Mythbackend Crash.

There is some settings in Mythtv that i have to insert ?

Thx and sorry for my english Sad
Also using this to some benefit. Right now the main problem I'm encountering is extremely slow navigation. Once I highlight a recorded program and select it, I have to wait several seconds before it continues to the next screen. This, by the way, is on an XBMC installation running mythbackend on the same machine.

I also cannot get smooth playback of HD content, but that's the player's fault, not the plugin's.

In short, thanks! Looking forward to updates!
Hi,

im running XBMC for windows and would love to watch live-tv from XBMC. Running WMC for that purpose today but since my first enconter with this fantastic software i cant wait to make a terminal switch and turn my back to WMC once and for all.

However, perhaps this is a stupid question from a newbe, but how do you run mythtv backend on a windows machine? Could someone please point me in the right direction how to do this? I have tried to run Ubuntu but run into some hardware problems that i could not solve....

//Marcus
macardi Wrote:However, perhaps this is a stupid question from a newbe, but how do you run mythtv backend on a windows machine?

Short answer: you can't. MythTV is a Linux application. Long answer: there is evidently a Windows port of MythTV, but judging by the wiki page on how to compile and build it, you'd be much better off with a Ubuntu install and hammering out your hardware problems.
theophile Wrote:Short answer: you can't. MythTV is a Linux application. Long answer: there is evidently a Windows port of MythTV, but judging by the wiki page on how to compile and build it, you'd be much better off with a Ubuntu install and hammering out your hardware problems.

I may be mistaken, but I'm fairly sure only the frontend has been ported so far.. so unfortunatley you still need to have tuners that work under linux to get your backend working.
One thought: can the MythTV player be launched independently of the MythTV frontend? If so, it might be better for MythBox to launch recorded programs in the MythTV player since it is configured to better handle the playback.
theophile Wrote:there is evidently a Windows port of MythTV, but judging by the wiki page on how to compile and build it, you'd be much better off with a Ubuntu install and hammering out your hardware problems.

You must have missed this section: Smile

Win32 Build Script Wrote:The "HOWTO" section below is LONG, painful, and easy to get wrong (and possibly a bit out of date! ). However, follow this section, and you can ignore it! :-)

To Get activestate perl AND the build script, download and run this:
http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/packagin...taller.bat

So you download and run MythInstaller.bat. Sounds pretty easy to me.

Quote:I may be mistaken, but I'm fairly sure only the frontend has been ported so far.. so unfortunatley you still need to have tuners that work under linux to get your backend working.

This is only partially correct. The backend has been ported, but they don't have tuner support working yet, which doesn't make it very useful, now does it?

So, basically, there is a MythTV backend for Windows, but it doesn't support any tuners yet, so you'll have to wait a bit if you want to do it that way.
waldo22 Wrote:You must have missed this section: Smile

So you download and run MythInstaller.bat. Sounds pretty easy to me.

This is only partially correct. The backend has been ported, but they don't have tuner support working yet, which doesn't make it very useful, now does it?

So, basically, there is a MythTV backend for Windows, but it doesn't support any tuners yet, so you'll have to wait a bit if you want to do it that way.

Don't forget: you can install linux inside a VM, and then run mythbackend from there. This is my plan to run XBMC/mythtv under windows.

Gossamer threads would have more info on this:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/
pseudonym Wrote:Don't forget: you can install linux inside a VM, and then run mythbackend from there. This is my plan to run XBMC/mythtv under windows.[/url]

Just note the only video hardware you might be able to use is anything USB (and it has to be well supported) or any networking based device.
There is no hardware PCI support in VM, so it might make things harder.
I have found that the MythTV internal player can be launched in "standalone" mode with the command 'mythtv'. If executed by itself, it fires up Live TV but it can be followed by a filename for a recording in which case it starts playing it. All MythTV functions are retained including edits and cutlists.

Since the XBMC player cannot give me usable playback of HD content, I would LOVE it if MythBox could be configured to play MythTV content (recordings and live TV) using the MythTV player rather than the XBMC player.

Could this be done? Thanks!
theophile Wrote:I have found that the MythTV internal player can be launched in "standalone" mode with the command 'mythtv'. If executed by itself, it fires up Live TV but it can be followed by a filename for a recording in which case it starts playing it. All MythTV functions are retained including edits and cutlists.

Since the XBMC player cannot give me usable playback of HD content, I would LOVE it if MythBox could be configured to play MythTV content (recordings and live TV) using the MythTV player rather than the XBMC player.

Could this be done? Thanks!

Might be worth doing considering that XBMC trunk just got external player support. However, I don't think they extended this feature to the scripting interface (the python accessible xbmc.Player(..)) class though. I was thinking any player really with VDPAU and lirc support or just the plain old mythtv executable (never tried this myself). Please add a feature request to MythBox (on the googlecode site) and maybe it'll show up soon :-)

-analogue
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC4