• 5(current)
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC
I just uploaded MythBox Beta 1 SVN 850 to http://mythbox.googlecode.com

I'll update the first msg in this thread with the release notes...

-analogue
Thanks for updated version.

I have just quickly tried it and have got an error when i testing my settings .
Will play around with it tomorrow.
Error Messgae
Damn, I wish my Hauppage HVR-2200 was supported in Linux. I'd have loved to be able to use this excellent script.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
fo0d Wrote:Thanks for updated version.

I have just quickly tried it and have got an error when i testing my settings .
Will play around with it tomorrow.
Error Messgae
Doh! Fixed in SVN 851 :-)
analogue Wrote:Doh! Fixed in SVN 851 :-)
Thanks it works now.
analogue Wrote:Regarding the msvcrt module not being found, it looks like the python packaged with xbmc for windows is missing this built-in module for some reason. I'll hit the devs up and see I can find out anything.

I've just tried installing Mythbox on a Windows XP machine running XBMC 8.10and ran into the msvcrt module not found error. Just wondering if you managed to find a solution?
Sorry...just read through the mythbox release notes and realised it doesn't work with xbmc 8.10 on windows...will try the SVN build
This looks like an awesome script. I am getting an error when I choose a show from the guide or a recording.

Error: CatchAll
Exception: XML File for Window is Missing
Function: <function onControlHook at 0xac6bed8c>

in mythbox.log i get the following when getting this error.

Code:
DEBUG | ui.py | Line 96 | BaseWindow.onAction( action = <xbmcgui.Action object at 0x9607830> )

I am not sure what XML file is missing.

Ubuntu 8.04
XBMC SVN:18104

Thanks
i've tried to install this, but i only get this when testing settings:

Error
Connection to Mythtv failed 111 (or something like it)

but now i must've done something different, as it says lost connection to mysql now Sad
I recently started using MythTV with my XBOX running XBMC as a frontend and came across MythBox, noticed it was actively being developed and couldn't have been happier. That is of course until I downloaded, ran it and then got the following error "No module named msvcrt". I don't have any other options for a frontend, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running 8.10 on two Gen 1 XBOX systems, same error on both.

Thanks
StirCwazy Wrote:I recently started using MythTV with my XBOX running XBMC as a frontend and came across MythBox, noticed it was actively being developed and couldn't have been happier.

You want xbmcmythtv, not this script. If you have a recent MythTV version, you'll want to get the CVS version, not the packaged version.

I've contributed very minor stuff to the original version, and am considering options to see if it's feasible to either make this fork work on the Xbox, or see if the developer will accept patches for Xbox compatability. As of now, I've not spoken to anyone about any options, and it's preliminary.
Hi all,

Sorry for my poor english....

I have discovered the mythbox script for windows XBMC, I have installed it but when I try to launch the script, I have an error with "msvcrt".

Do you have an idea to resolved it or it is a bug of this beta version?

thanks for your help
Read the requirements section in the README file
oups... mythbox don't work with xbmc atlantis version.

thanks for your help
just a question: mythbox is only for stream TV or it is possible to watch channel from tuner card?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC4