• 43(current)
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC
Thanks - I'm kind of stuck there (with Trunk) I think because I went with MythTV 0.24, so I have a slightly unstable system.
(Unless you would recommend an alternative build set?)
Hi all,

Just discovered Mythbox and was liking what I saw, have been looking for an alternative to mythfrontend for ages and wanted to use xbmc as my main frontend, so it was looking very promising.

However after running out of space on the root partition of the machine, Mythbox is now giving the following error:

Stage: initialising settings
Exception: no element found, line 1 column 0

I've looked through xbmc.log but it more or less says the same thing. Have tried removing and replacing mythbox but this doesn't make a difference. The myth DB seems ok, mythfrontend still runs fine as does mythfilldatabase.

Running Myth 0.21 on Ubuntu 9.04. Grateful for any help.

Thanks

George
Hi George.

You could try uninstalling MythBox then:
making sure ~/.xbmc/addons/script.mythbox is gone too
Also, get rid of ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.mythbox

Then reinstall.

If that doesn't fix it - reinstall XBMC too.. - sounds a bit drastic, but easy to do and won't take long Smile
Is anybody using MythBox with commercial detection and H.264 (HD) content? Does it work?
Hello

Getting an issue installing Mythbox using zip file (do not see mythbox in addoun repository). Installing it I have a message displaying Dependencies not met. in log file I have 2 lines:

21:54:54 T:2224 M:2553249792 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\data\script.mythbox.1.0.4.zip\icon.png
21:55:01 T:2224 M:2552442880 ERROR: Control 1 in window 10099 has been asked to focus, but it can't

éany idea?

Thx in advance
pzoeller Wrote:Hello

Getting an issue installing Mythbox using zip file (do not see mythbox in addoun repository). Installing it I have a message displaying Dependencies not met. in log file I have 2 lines:

21:54:54 T:2224 M:2553249792 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\data\script.mythbox.1.0.4.zip\icon.png
21:55:01 T:2224 M:2552442880 ERROR: Control 1 in window 10099 has been asked to focus, but it can't

éany idea?

Thx in advance

Sounds like you're installing on a version other than 10.1
MythBox for XBMC - http://mythbox.googlecode.com
sofakng Wrote:Is anybody using MythBox with commercial detection and H.264 (HD) content? Does it work?

Commercial skipping does work, but it is a little complicated.

If you have 'Enable Streaming' selected, XBMC's built-in comm skipping is used. Otherwise, MythBox's comm skipping is used.

Here are a few differences between the two:

- You can't turn XBMC comm skipping off. You will get comm skipping even if you select 'Play'
- XBMC's comm skipping doesn't seem to be as accurate as MythBox's comm skipping in a number of cases (depends on resolution and framerate)

For issues with XBMC's comm skipping, I suggest you create an issue in Trac with all supporting data.

I can only address comm skip issues when 'Enable Streaming' is NOT selected.
almightybungole Wrote:Hi all,

Just discovered Mythbox and was liking what I saw, have been looking for an alternative to mythfrontend for ages and wanted to use xbmc as my main frontend, so it was looking very promising.

However after running out of space on the root partition of the machine, Mythbox is now giving the following error:

Stage: initialising settings
Exception: no element found, line 1 column 0

I've looked through xbmc.log but it more or less says the same thing. Have tried removing and replacing mythbox but this doesn't make a difference. The myth DB seems ok, mythfrontend still runs fine as does mythfilldatabase.

Running Myth 0.21 on Ubuntu 9.04. Grateful for any help.

Thanks

George

Sounds like MythBox's settings.xml file got truncated or is zero bytes. Just delete it and it will be recreated.
To those of you playing around with MythBox on the trunk version of XBMC, I realize there are a number of issues. While fixing them is not a problem, fixing them while XBMC is not at a stable state (alpha/beta/RC) in its development is a questionable use of my time. I do appreciate people reporting problems, but don't expect it to work until XBMC nears a stable point in its development cycle :-)
Has anyone been able to run mythbox on Openelec yet? I've been using mythbox for a while on xbmc 10.1, but wanting to try a lighter distribution than Ubuntu 10.04.
watskooo Wrote:Has anyone been able to run mythbox on Openelec yet? I've been using mythbox for a while on xbmc 10.1, but wanting to try a lighter distribution than Ubuntu 10.04.

I'm running mythbox on the ION build of OpenELEC, and it works flawlessly. I've also tried the generic build, and that works also.

Mounting your shared recordings directories works a little differently. It's explained here:

http://openelec.tv/find-help/documentati...ork-shares
Thanks, that's the only thing that was holding me back from trying openelec. Next after getting it working with my existing hardware is to wait for openelec RC6 with VAAPI and see how the new AMD E350 platform performs.
Hi, I'm running this on Ubuntu 10.04 and it works great.

I just have two questions that I can't seem to answer even after extensive searching.

Firstly - how can I skip forward 1 day on the guide. The read me shows nothing for a keyboard and forward skip for a MCE remote, which doesn't work on my remote (an original xbox remote).

Secondly - can you change the default recording settings. I like to start recording 5 mins early and finish 5 mins late. At the moment I use mythweb where I have this set.
Thanks
MythBox is working great on my Ubuntu Natty install with MythTV 0.24.

I'm having one small problem with the guide. When I set a program to record it doesn't become highlighted in the guide until next time I open it.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?
Just asking again if there's any plans to option the splash screen on/off?
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC4