[AppleTV] Using Launcher 2.2 booting to XBMC - no IP Address
Hey,

I have aTV version 2.2, with latest version of XBMC and Launcher 2.2 installed to boot directly into XBMC. I have it connected to my network via wireless G.

I think this may have come up in some other thread but I may have something to add. My networking is fine when it boots into the usual Apple FrontRow, and then I go into XBMC or Boxee - but I don't get an IP address when I go straight into XBMC.

I think this might be useful to us aTV users - not just the convenience - but I checked the memory usage and I had about 100 MB free after booting into XBMC, versus around 60 MB using the the old way with the previous Launcher then selecting to load XBMC.

This free RAM could provide better performance?

Anyway, the workaround as someone mentioned is to exit out of XBMC and then go back into it from the Launcher Menu... but doing this loads FrontRow (or whatever the main app is called from Apple on the aTV). And it cancels out any memory savings.

I didn't try this with wired networking - does anyone know if there is the same problem with wired Ethernet?

Darren
I read somewhere (on awkwardtv, but i couldn't find it anymore) that is was related to the wireless.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Using Launcher 2.2 booting to XBMC - no IP Address0