Need help with MediStream Mod
Hello,

so this ist not really for the public but i tried to change a few things on MediStream and i worked almost but i dont like the black blade on the left as dark as it is. so i tried to make it more transparent.
i think it looks great but i have a few problems with it.

MediStream starts and the SubMenuBlade is visible aber activate it and deactivate the SubMenuBlade disappears
But if it is active it is a bit ugly under the MenuBlade.

Maybe someone can Help me with it?

For trying you can Download it from my server .... http://www.applemania.de/mod.zip

thank you all so much and all the Work you have done on XBMC
Looks good but you've run up against the same issues that we did when we created it - that's why we've always said that the left blade can't be properly transparent unless you don't allow custom BG's/fanart.

It's because of the way that the home page has been put together (the blade layering particularly). There may be a way of making it transparent and keeping custom BG's but it would probably need re-writing from scratch.

EDIT: Actually I just remembered that at some point there could be a new feature in XBMC where the skin can allow controls to slide out from anywhere on screen (based on view areas) and when that is implemented it should be fairly simple to allow the left blade to be transparent.
Something like layers? That would be great.
I´m happy that you like what i did. It was hard work because i don´t really understand the xml data with all it complexity.

I´ll wait for further updates on xbmc and the mediastream skin.
Can you tell me excactly which files you've been edited? I have no problem with the default background, would be great to have a transparent Blade :-)
do you have downloaded my mod?
i have changed the bomebladeleft.png and the homebladeleftmenuoverlay.png
it was difficoult to change it because the xpr file ist saved. but if you download my mod there are the changed files. change also the right xml files in the 720 folder and done.
sorry i cant explain it in english.
hehe its okay if you prefer more german, dann ist das kein Problem :-)
I know you said that it isn't ready for the main public yet, but:
Great Mod!
Even with the "lower blade bug". I still love it.

You took the coolest skin on XBMC and made it even sexier.
Loved the glass look and the lean fonts. Fantastic!

I only disliked the sound effects, but it was easy to use the old sounds.

Do you think you could also work on the "Coverflow"? I really wish that the covers on this visualization were a bit smaller, thus giving the fan-art more attention. But I'm clueless to how to make it my self (it's probly beyond my skill level).

Anyway, SUPER JOB. Thanks for sharing this skin.
Hi tjost would you object to me doing some magic on this mod of yours/minimalko.
and makeing it more xbox friendly i have done this with two other versions allready and i could include your files into the .xpr

Ps after looking at what you have done does it need the homebladeleft.png as you included a changed homebladeleft2.png? it would help if i could just leave out the original.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Hy
That excatly what i want !! this effect could be aewsome to include this in mod mediastream ... it's better for my background Smile
thx
If no one objects i will merge this mod into one i did in my signature bellow and upload it.
I have allready replaced the fonts in it with mediastream default fonts as i found them far too small on my tv as soon as i have got it working to my satisfaction i will release it assuming tjost has no objections??
Great !!! I do it myself but the opacity down doesn't work !!
paul Wrote:If no one objects i will merge this mod into one i did in my signature bellow and upload it.
I have allready replaced the fonts in it with mediastream default fonts as i found them far too small on my tv as soon as i have got it working to my satisfaction i will release it assuming tjost has no objections??

Hi Paul is this a brand new version? :-)
ashlartowers Wrote:Hi Paul is this a brand new version? :-)
Sort of i downloaded tjost's mod. but i found it sufferes from the dreaded memory problem
on xbox first thing i did was replace the fonts with mediastream default fontset and when i get a chance i will merge his moded files in with my mediastream textures hopefully this will cure the memory problem, if and when i get it working ok on xbox i will upload it and post links here and in my other thread.
This one is free to customize for anyone who would like to.
feel free and make it even better. i needed 5 days for the little changes so i dont have any idea what i´m doing Wink !
But i like the Transarent look so i tried it.

@@ Empty:
Es ist für mich echt schwer gewesen das hin zu bekommen weil ich die Original Texturen nicht extrahieren kann. Ich habe die also wild kopiert und dann geändert. Umbenannt und auch in den xml dateien umbenannt. Lange gesucht und doch gefunden, Mein Mac und Spotlight haben mir geholfen Wink
Thank everybody for this i'm so impatient !!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with MediStream Mod1