XBMCRemote - an unofficial third-party XBMC remote control for Android
I personally use this version.
http://www.cyrket.com/package/com.andrewchatham

Gives you buttons opposed to acting like a mouse. I don't have a PC so I didn't have an arrow on the screen. Wink
i signed up just to say thanks for this. but i have one problem, i cant get it to work! my firewall is open for xbmc, im switching on event, im using the correct IP and port on the phone but it doesnt do anyhting. anyone help a noob out on how to set this up?
Is this application opensource?
If so, where can I find the sources?
It is a nice app. Since the latest Aeon skin is very popular and doesn't provide any mouse cursor - would it be possible to have a touchscreen with buttons for movement etc. ? The alternative would be to use a custom asp in the web folder but I think the EventServer is more responsive.
Any updates to this app for android?
Forgot this thread.

fali Wrote:@Rob Loach: Thanks, yes Im planning to implement a simple update notification, then I want to publish it on the market... About the Google Code project, im unsure, either I publish it on the xbmc svn or I open a Google Project...

@Swifty: Thanks!

I'm getting myself an android device this week so if you open source the code I would be glad to help you with it.

Cheers,
Tobias.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Not sure if anyone was wondering but this works fine in cupcake (at least the version i downloaded from the mega upload link earlier in the thread...)
Topfs2 Wrote:Forgot this thread.

I'm getting myself an android device this week so if you open source the code I would be glad to help you with it.

Cheers,
Tobias.

Is there another thread on this app?
anyone still working on this? Smile
Yeah, is this still being worked on?
It looks like fali is abit MIA, I have however started with a new remote which will be floss.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2 Wrote:It looks like fali is abit MIA, I have however started with a new remote which will be floss.

Awesome! Keep us updated with this one.. would love to have a properly functioning remote for my HTC Magic! Cool
I'm interested as well; I've been using this remote for about two weeks now, and in spite of the bugs, it beats the pants off of the Boxee/XBMC remote from the Market.

If I knew Java, I'd volunteer to help you with your new effort, but alas...... python is my baby Smile
If my damn Samsung would arive finally i'm willing to contribute with dumb questions and testing.
Hehe Smile

Hopefully I'll have a first super alpha version ready soon, only navigaional keys to start with, then I aim to get music libraries and share navigation running.

I'm not very good with visuals so anyone making icons and such would be most welcomed Smile

I plan to have the first screen rather similair to the normal mp3 player were one of the buttons will take you to the navigational keys and the others to other different key functions, but any ideas are ofcourse welcomed Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCRemote - an unofficial third-party XBMC remote control for Android2