XBMCRemote - an unofficial third-party XBMC remote control for Android
Thumbs Up 
XBMCRemote

Current Version: 0.1pre (download)

Known Bugs:
- Default connection setttings doesn't work!

Planned Features
- Resolve number to name, show Callers picture (if possible)
- Close Button
- Use HTTP API and a Control screen for direct control buttons (each going to Pictures etc..) and playlist creation...

For all android users out there, (and of corse other interessted parties) I made a video which presents my work....
http://www.vimeo.com/2718931

I implemented the settings, which now works Wi-Fi based (that means, you can choose a XBMC-Server for each WLAN, if you have more than one XBMC-Server running on different WLAN's....

I developed an Android XBMC Remote Control. Its a Eventclient which is fully implemented in Java and only need a XBMC version with Eventserver support (svn supports Eventserver, but, as you know, is not ready for productively use!). The Java-Library which implements the Eventservers Protocol is already published as a patch to the developer. The Android client isn't finished yet (IP is hardcoded :eek2Smile, but should be ready in a few days! Big Grin

Please post any ideas and wishes what I could/should implement further more...

bye
falstaff
That's great. I've been hoping for a remote for android ever since the iphone App.

Any idea on a release date? And if for some reason you need a beta tester, id be happy to help in any way I can. Just send me a PM.
Looks nice, maybe good to have touchscreen buttons too with shortcuts for video,music etc.. if thats possible ?
Exclamation 
Hello

I posted a pre-Release, please test it and post feedback....

Note: The Application runns in background even if it is not visible. However, power shouldn't be a big problem, I dont block the wifi to get in standby or anything else...

Im planning to add more features, but I need to implement a Library for the HTTP API first. So this can take a while!

Bye
falstaff
Rainbow 
That's amazing! Well done, fali! I had some troubles in the beginning, but then I updated XBMC, restarted the application, set in the WiFi settings again, and everything started working. You did an amazing job on this, congratulations.

For those of you who don't know, right now, to install the application, you have to load up this page on your Android, and then click on the download link. It works amazingly well.

Are you planning to deploy this in the Android Market? Will you be creating a Google Code project for it? I'd love to check out the code and post some bug reports and stuff. Also, I could do a demonstration video myself if you wanted Wink .
great work fali, look forward to testing this later!
@Rob Loach: Thanks, yes Im planning to implement a simple update notification, then I want to publish it on the market... About the Google Code project, im unsure, either I publish it on the xbmc svn or I open a Google Project...

@Swifty: Thanks!
I registered on this forum just to let you know how insanely cool this app is! It blows away all other Android apps out there when it comes to coolness. I'm not a programmer so I can't help, but I really hope this app is going to be even cooler in the future. Thanks a lot!
I found a nice bug, which in a way is working as intended Smile

When I watch a video and I get an incoming call the video is paused with a message at the bottom saying "incoming call".
But when I've paused a video and I get an incoming call the video is unpaused with a message at the bottom saying "incoming call", not quite what I expected.

On another note, I'm enjoying this little app and can't wait for a release with touchscreen options Wink
Nice, fast interface.
Like to see more feedback on g1.
Posters, fanart, albums you now like the Iphone xbmc remote.

edit:
Also nice that you can use the keyboard.
But some features I can't use like volume up, down and fullscreen you have to use alt for those buttons and that won't work.
I tryed already changing keymap.xml but won't work even.
Example
<tab>FullScreen</tab> changed to <d>FullScreen</d>
Is there still a link to download this?

I want to use my g1 as my XBMC remote but the browser sucks for it as it can't handle iframes which the xbmc web server seems to use
if this is all Java then I'd think it would also run on Windows Mobile?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Download link is indeed broken.
You can download with android market Boxee remote, almost the same.

If you like I can upload Android XBMC Remote Control.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T14DUNYJ

Simply download with your android phone and install.
Livin Wrote:if this is all Java then I'd think it would also run on Windows Mobile?

My bet is no. Andriod doesn´t use JavaME but only Java syntax through a non-standard dalvik virtual machine.

I have no clue how alike the dalvik and google libraries and the usual JavaME is sourcecode wise but those changes might be trivial enough to circumvent and then one could perhaps "recompiled" for a JavaME. However my guess is all gui is google lib and not the JavaME midlet std.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2 Wrote:My bet is no. Andriod doesn´t use JavaME but only Java syntax through a non-standard dalvik virtual machine.

I have no clue how alike the dalvik and google libraries and the usual JavaME is sourcecode wise but those changes might be trivial enough to circumvent and then one could perhaps "recompiled" for a JavaME. However my guess is all gui is google lib and not the JavaME midlet std.

Cheers,
Tobias

darn... so much for google being the open source and standards evangelists!

<soapbox>Goog is becoming MS, and MS is starting to become what Goog was meant to be!</soapbox> btw... this is not just a guess, I worked for MS for a while and know ppl that were devs at Goog on super-secret projects... they left for a reason.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCRemote - an unofficial third-party XBMC remote control for Android2