compiling error
dear all im trying to install xbmc in fedora 8 .but im haveing some error during my compilation the file that im using is XBMC-8.10.src.tar.gz.

im getting this error during my compilation

[root@192-168-1-144 XBMC]# make
make -C guilib
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/XBMC/guilib'
/usr/bin/ccache g++ -MD -c -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/hal -I/usr/include/lzo -D_LINUX -D_FILE_DEFINED -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DHAS_SDL_JOYSTICK -DHAS_XRANDR -DHAS_PCRE -D'SVN_REV="exported"' -DINSTALL_PATH="\"/usr/local/share/xbmc\"" -DDLL_PATH_LIBCURL="\"/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4\"" -I. -Icommon -I../xbmc -I../xbmc/cores -I../xbmc/linux -I../xbmc/utils -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/SDL ActionManager.cpp -o ActionManager.o
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/cstdlib:130: error: ‘::realloc’ has not been declared
make[1]: *** [ActionManager.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/XBMC/guilib'
make: *** [guilib] Error 2

what could be there problem please advice me.

thanks
apparently your libc miss realloc. or most likely; you need to add the include that has realloc to guilib/StdString.h
Some retarded distros have realloc() commented out of cstdlib. There was another thread with this same issue.
althekiller Wrote:Some retarded distros have realloc() commented out of cstdlib. There was another thread with this same issue.

Actually, it's GCC that does it and that's because it needs ::realloc() as a real function. It appears that it's XBMC who's to blame here -- specifically this, scattered all over its sources:
Code:
#define realloc rpl_realloc
And indeed, I get linker errors about undefined rpl_realloc symbol after hacking around the cstdlib compilation error by disabling its realloc code.

Not yet sure how it ends up here (it does in 32bit build only for me, strangely enough) yet, sorry. If I'll figure it out, I'll submit a patch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
compiling error0