WebServer doubles as streaming media server for PC
i found that if you drop some medium in a directory inside the web dir, you can stream them from other pc's on your network... cool!

have tried with mp3 and mpg files and i can stream to two pc's two differnt songs while xbmc plays a song on the stereo...
yes, it would be nice if xbmc could support web streaming too (if it already doesn't).
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
that is what i am saying... it does.... i forward the port on my firewall and now i can stream my media from anywhere....
(mastafunk @ dec. 09 2003,15:26 Wrote:that is what i am saying... it does....  i forward the port on my firewall and now i can stream my media from anywhere....
you mean your xbox is playing a local file and your pc's are playing files on your xbox? what i meant is the xbox playing files from a webserver, like your pc's can now from the xbox.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WebServer doubles as streaming media server for PC0