Playing HD 1080p h.264 .mkv from dual dvdr
I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find it by searching and don't know the key word to search by.

I'm trying to play an 8gb HD 1080p h.264 VBR 8350 AC3 .mkv from a dual dvd-r and XBMC pause then play and it would repeat. Thanks

HTPC Spec:

MB: Gigbyte on board vidoe GeForce 7100 HDMI/Audio MicroATX

CPU: Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66

Mem: 3gb
HTPC specs? CPU% usage?
HTPC Spec:

MB: Gigbyte on board vidoe GeForce 7100 HDMI/Audio MicroATX

CPU: Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66

Mem: 3gb
H.264 is very processor intensive. Are you maxing out your CPU viewing the file? Have you tried viewing the same file from any other players? If so did it play back ok? If you check the task manager (ctr+alt+delete), the performance tab will give you the CPU usage. If I had to guess, I'd guess that the onboard graphics may not be able to handle the HD content?
thanks for pointers. i will give it a try when i get home.
Try increasing your cache for the dvd player. You HDD will give the cpu its data a lot faster than your dvdrom.

That cpu should be fine for a movie at that bitrate.
I maxed out the caches on the dvd player under setting mplayer cache. Maxed out audio and video cache. It played longer without paused. Then trying turning off the cache and it went a little longer without paused. VLC didn't pause but lagged or stutter. I'm going to test out more players tomorrow.

Max cpu usage for XBMC during playback was 44%

Does anybody have any other suggestion?

thanks

Note:
Bluray plays perfectly fine.
Does anybody else experiences the same problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing HD 1080p h.264 .mkv from dual dvdr0