MSI G45M Flashing Screen
Ok, so I bought a new mobo with the intel HD4500 graphics chipset (listed as supported). Unfortunately I get the proverbial flashing screen. Does anyone have a working xorg.conf file for this? It's a shame this video is listed as supported yet does not work.
haarvik Wrote:Ok, so I bought a new mobo with the intel HD4500 graphics chipset (listed as supported). Unfortunately I get the proverbial flashing screen. Does anyone have a working xorg.conf file for this? It's a shame this video is listed as supported yet does not work.

Where did you read it is supported? Definitely not with any of the official LIVE versions....

You should install Intrepid for this purpose.
Could you show me were we say G45 is supported!?

All threads say the exact opposite, G45 is NOT supported in XBMC Live, will probably be in XBMC Live 9.04, not 8.10.

And if you have added a ATI card then x probably have a hard time choosing that one over the integrated.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Goddamn, faster than me olympia Wink

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Careful about your posts...from the Live FAQ:

Intel GMA 950 (945G) or newer supported, Intel GMA X4500HD (G45) or newer recommended.

And yes, this mobo has that video. From MSI:

G45M Digital motherboard utilizes the latest Intel® G45/ICH10R chipset based, built-in Intel® X4500HD graphics core and Intel® Clear Video high-definition technology to provide high-performance 3D graphics and images.
I appologize for my outburst, so it says. Just reread it. Its probably copied from linux wiki.

Anyhow Smile

XBMC Live is built ontop of Ubuntu 8.04, this makes G45 unsupported unfortuanatly. But you can install Ubuntu intrepid and install XBMC on that one and it will work fine (except HDMI audio), this is abit more work but atleast its something until we release new XBMC Live.

@topfs2 Wink

Topfs2 Wrote:I appologize for my outburst, so it says. Just reread it. Its probably copied from linux wiki.

Unfortunately not from the Linux, but from the LIVE wiki, so I have to apologize as well. I have never read that FAQ before.

@haarvik
But anyway, you would have better done to read the forums, before you bought new hardware.

Topfs2:
Read here
It really states G45 as a recommended hw for Live. This shouldn't be like this.
olympia Wrote:@topfs2 Wink

Unfortunately not from the Linux, but from the LIVE wiki, so I have to apologize as well. I have never read that FAQ before. But anyway, you whould have better to read the forums, before you bought new hardware.

Topfs2:
Read here
It really states G45 as a recommended hw for Live. This shouldn't be like this.

yeah I meant that the live wiki is probably copied from linux Wink

Well, my purchase was based on the FAQ. I had used the windows version, but wanted a lightweight standalone. That is why I chose the live version. I guess I'll have to live with Geexbox until someone can figure out how to build modules for this thing. By the way, is there a howto for building your own kernel for this live system? Or is there no source for it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MSI G45M Flashing Screen0