[AppleTV] Distorted Audio on Single Channel MP3
I submitted the following bug report to XBMC trac about five weeks ago. It hasn't been assigned to anybody yet, so I was thinking that maybe I was supposed to cross-post it here to the forums. Here is the original bug report, to which I've attached two single-channel MP3 tracks, plus the console.log and xbmc.log. :

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5432

--
I'm a long time user of XBMC that has recently moved to the AppleTV platform. I've noticed previously while playing music in Party Mode that every once in a while a song plays and is extremely clipped and distorted, sometimes running at double-speed. I've figured out that the only tracks that are doing this are single-channel MP3 files. Because it seemed to me that the audio level was high on these distorted tracks, it made me think of replaygain, which I have enabled. I use MP3Gain to set the gain levels, which stores the information in APE tags. Because of this, I have <musiclibrary><prioritiseapetags>true</prioritiseapetags></musiclibrary> added to my advancedsettings.xml. I tested it without this setting and I still get distortion. I even tried disabling replaygain and I still get distortion. Unfortunately, the problem is intermittent with these files. I can reboot and play one and it's fine, play a different track and then come back to the first and it's distorted. Very strange. I don't rip CDs to single-channel MP3 myself, these are tracks that I've downloaded. They play fine on my PC and played fine with XBMC on Xbox. I have a wired connection to the smb share on my PC.

I've restarted XBMC and played four tracks. The second and fourth attempts play distorted. I'm going to try to attach two MP3 tracks, plus the console.log and xbmc.log.
--

Has anyone else noticed this issue on their AppleTV?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Distorted Audio on Single Channel MP30