Intel ATOM 330 Dual-Core CPU experience with XBMC for Linux - perfect 720p playback
It would be interesting to se the results of this patch FFMpeg-mt on the dualcore atom.

It wont go in to official builds of xbmc until its get integrated in to official ffmpeg, so please dont ask about that. but it would be nice to know how big diffrence it would make on a slower cpu.
motd2k Wrote:Anyway, i'm off my soapbox and i'll look at getting something very (very!) rough going with the vdpau API in the next few days.
That would be great! And I hope you understood that my post wasn't exactly a criticism, it was mainly how I felt after reading what you wrote. Again, pace. Smile
motd2K - strongly suggest reading -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=vdpau in particular the contributions by Gamester17 and CapnBry. It's not as simple as you seem to think judging from their posts - and they ARE aware of the work done by others.

You might also check out the OpenCL thread I started as that seems to be a decent alternative on the horizon http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=41813

I'm no dev but I DO try to pay attention...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
thanks, i'm aware of those posts.
Interesting results that I got from KillWatt..

Ubuntu 8.10 idle is 42W
XBMC Idle is 47 - 49 W
XBMC Playing video 720P Full Screen is 45W

I wonder why it is lower when it is playing something in XBMC ?
CrashX, did you try using the SVideo? I'm thinking of building one these little system for streaming divix and mp3 media playback on the atom 330. Also I found this on ebay its has the same pinout as the Intel S/PDIF connector.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ASUS-Motherboard-S-P...dZViewItem
Nope haven't tested it since my tv has VGA input .
dizzey Wrote:It would be interesting to se the results of this patch FFMpeg-mt on the dualcore atom.

It wont go in to official builds of xbmc until its get integrated in to official ffmpeg, so please dont ask about that. but it would be nice to know how big diffrence it would make on a slower cpu.

Today I tried latest svn on my Intel D945GCLF2 (atom 330) computer, running xbmc live.
First i tried WITHOUT the ffmpeg-mt patch and I got about the same frames dropped as the atlantis stable version. Then i applied the ffmpeg-mt patch and recompiled. With the ffmpeg-mt patch i got no framedrops at all accept the once in the begining. I tried 3 Movies that I had problem with before (all 720p) and all of them run perfectly! =)
does the atom 330 D945GCLF2 support component video ( Y Pb Pr ) on the vga port when running XBMC Live??
CrashX, have you tried playing DVD on this Atom system?
Does this CPU have enough processing power for full screen HULU flash files or iTunes HD video files?
Plays DVD Fine ..
Plays Hulu Full Screen using XBMC fine ..

iTunes HD Video ? 720P or 1080 P ? Have a sample to test ?
kevin82 Wrote:does the atom 330 D945GCLF2 support component video ( Y Pb Pr ) on the vga port when running XBMC Live??

Are you using a converter from VGA to component video ? I use straight vga out to vga in to my TV. It supports S-Video Out .
CrashX Wrote:Are you using a converter from VGA to component video ? I use straight vga out to vga in to my TV. It supports S-Video Out .

i have a HD MAtrix switch in my 19 inch rack at home for HD distribution to the rooms that have a tv. the system uses component video. i know there are converters for it, but can the atom 330 bord output a native component video signal with XBMC LIVEHuh
CrashX Wrote:Plays DVD Fine ..
Plays Hulu Full Screen using XBMC fine ..

iTunes HD Video ? 720P or 1080 P ? Have a sample to test ?

For iTunes, it would be the TV shows they sell in the iTunes store.

I can't get a sample out because of the crappy DRM.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel ATOM 330 Dual-Core CPU experience with XBMC for Linux - perfect 720p playback0