IMDb Movie Trailers not working anymore outside the U.S. (America)?
Question 
Hi!
I'm currently running Jesters SVN build 16961 on Vista64, but I have previously tried many other versions of XBMC with the same result:
After scraping a movie with imdb, and going to "movie info" the trailer-section is greyed out. Everything else scrapes just fine.

I have enabled it under settings when i set content type on the movie folder, have also tried complete re-install (deleting appdata\roaming\xbmc folder). When i change scraper to movie-maze trailers work fine (but are in german obv)

When I go to the trailer section on imdb.com I can't seem to find any trailers hosted on imdb at all, all trailers are hosted on other sites it seems, so that might be the problem? Can post Debug Log later if trailers work fine for others. I just want to figure out if its a problem with imdb, xbmc or my setup.
Sorry for my bad english.
Yep problems at the moment here to with trailers.... not had time to take a closer look yet, but will hopefully over the weekend.
The trailers must be from imdb, not a 3rd party site. And I believe only theatrical trailers get scraped.

I just scan Max Payne with Rev16966 and the trailer works.
I believe imdb has prevented non-US visitors to use the trailer linking.
I have not been able to use the trailer button in a long time.
Yeah it looks like it, when following the max payne link above i get:
Trailers and Videos for
Max Payne (2008) More at IMDbPro »
advertisement
There are no related videos available from IMDb.

Also tried scraping max payne but no trailers Sad
Jeroen Wrote:I believe imdb has prevented non-US visitors to use the trailer linking.

Wouldn't Apple be a better source for scraping/streaming movie trailers?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/
Jive talkin, just isnt a crime
Thumbs Down 
Jeroen Wrote:I believe imdb has prevented non-US visitors to use the trailer linking.

Dam! thats a blow!! Sad

Really came in handy.
JiveTalker Wrote:Wouldn't Apple be a better source for scraping/streaming movie trailers?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/

I dont think apple holds old trailers like imdb.com does.
Apple Movie trailers won't work as they only serve a "limited" amount of trailers and don't have a API to play with.
Scraping trailers from individual designed movie websites is not possible.

FYI, IMDB trailers are working fine here (Germany).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I'm using T3CH XBMC 2008-12-30 **FIXED** SVN rev16762. And trailers doesn't work at all.
markiz...try to refresh the movie and trailer might appear again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDb Movie Trailers not working anymore outside the U.S. (America)?0