360 wireless Gamepad Eventghost profile
I'm making some progress with that older code, in __init__.py, I added this:
Code:
("A", "Select", "Simulate a press on the A button.", "A"),

and in xbmcclient.py, if you just change the R1 to XG in this line:

Code:
self.send_button(map="R1", button=button, repeat=repeat, queue=queue)

you have a working gamepad "A" button press. Tongue

Just need to add all th ebuttons now Smile

P.S. I also tested the D-pads with the remote codes and they worked well in the osd too!
So in that code, "button=button," is telling it to use the value of the variable from the list as the button to press?

I'm confused as to where the variablename comes from. I know that the list is passed to it via the AddActionsFromList() function, but how does it know to call it "button"?

Looks like the repeat and queue options should be boolean as well...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40186 might be of interest?
ashlar Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40186 might be of interest?

To be honest, I haven't tried to program anything in a while. I'm starting to get back into the swing of it, but I've also never used python before.

Here's an example of what I've been working on:

__init___.py:
http://pastebin.com/m760dbb56

xbmcclient.py:
http://pastebin.com/m4a5be629

Both sections are highlighted where I made additions.
Tnx ashlar i 've read that already but i can't wait for it Tongue

digitalhigh I've tried your changes to the code but the init.py give me an indent error, btw i was able to adjust the original remote part so i caould use it for the pad.

Here you see that the same action cannot be used for pad button and global actions in the same time:
http://pastebin.com/m44a2ad50

These are the changes necessary to make everything run with no errors:
http://pastebin.com/d406276ce
Don't ask me why but it works Wink
and you can use gamepad buttons and global actions.
Here is my config and the plugin files for EG:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0f0ed...b9a8902bda

Just need some tweeks for the analog triggers and sticks
digitalhigh Wrote:My end goal here is to make a config file that works equally well for the 360 and xb1 controller, including analogue support for triggers and thumbsticks.

please do, I still use my xbox way more due to how i need the flawless controller support.

This is something the devs should have had done already; many people wont transition from the xbox to a new HD platform until familiar native IR and controller support happens.

i have said this before; this should be a top priority. a media center is nothing without a flawless easy way to control it (the org xbox remote and controller should have been plug and play already; aswell as the 360 controller and MCE remotes).
Dwolf Wrote:please do, I still use my xbox way more due to how i need the flawless controller support.

This is something the devs should have had done already; many people wont transition from the xbox to a new HD platform until familiar native IR and controller support happens.

i have said this before; this should be a top priority. a media center is nothing without a flawless easy way to control it (the org xbox remote and controller should have been plug and play already; aswell as the 360 controller and MCE remotes).

I don't know how successful I'm going to be in this endeavor. I've got the XBMC side of it figured out. I took the version of the plugin by KotiX and added the remaining commands for dpad, left/right thumb buttons, and right thumbstick controls. The problem is that the HID plugin detects the dpad inputs as analog values, which cannot be translated directly to actions.

SO, I think what's going to have to happen is that I'm going to try mapping all of the buttons/triggers in eventghost, then use xpadder for the sticks/pad. It's kind of primitive, but hopefully it will add snappier functionality to the triggers. That is the biggest problem for me...the fact that the triggers don't work like they used to.
digitalhigh Wrote:I don't know how successful I'm going to be in this endeavor. I've got the XBMC side of it figured out. I took the version of the plugin by KotiX and added the remaining commands for dpad, left/right thumb buttons, and right thumbstick controls. The problem is that the HID plugin detects the dpad inputs as analog values, which cannot be translated directly to actions.

SO, I think what's going to have to happen is that I'm going to try mapping all of the buttons/triggers in eventghost, then use xpadder for the sticks/pad. It's kind of primitive, but hopefully it will add snappier functionality to the triggers. That is the biggest problem for me...the fact that the triggers don't work like they used to.

I hear ya, and know your pain. It doesnt work/feel like it used to, thats my biggest problem with xbmc on the other platforms

still, progress is progress , even if it is a primitive work-around. I am very much looking forward to the day when we have nearly identical to the xbox xmbc controller feel.

For all the people I've gotten hooked on xbox xbmc, they need it to "feel" the same, or they wont migrate to a different platform

Good luck with your project; hope you get the results you're looking for.
I feel really stupid right now. I posted one thread directly asking about the mapping of alternative joysticks to the keymap.xml file.

I installed the latest 3rd party build for windows to test on my main comp. I opened up the keymap.xml file in the system folder, and found that it had changed drastically since the last time I'd looked at it.

Code:
<joystick name="Microsoft Xbox Controller S">
      <altname>Mad Catz MicroCON</altname>
      <altname>Logitech Xbox Cordless Controller</altname>
      <button id="3">Playlist</button>
      <button id="5">Queue</button>
     </joystick>

This is how you map the buttons for your controller. I've got it working for the main buttons, haven't tried the triggers yet, but it reports them in the logfile, so I should be able to map them accordingly.

That still leaves the thumbsticks, as well as the question of how well the triggers will work in comparison to the original.

I was also playing around with the advanced settings in Xpadder, trying to get a close approximation to the analog seek functions on the right thumbstick. I think I've figured out how to get the timing to work properly so that it starts/stops the seek command in a responsive manner. I leave the left stick mapped to the mouse, which works well for programs outside of XBMC as well.

I really wish I would have known that the instructions had been added to the system's keymap.xml file. Would have saved me a lot of time...
digitalhigh Wrote:I don't know how successful I'm going to be in this endeavor. I've got the XBMC side of it figured out. I took the version of the plugin by KotiX and added the remaining commands for dpad, left/right thumb buttons, and right thumbstick controls. The problem is that the HID plugin detects the dpad inputs as analog values, which cannot be translated directly to actions.

The pad is working fine for me, just the analog sticks need to be configured and as they are just used for volume and to move to a position during playing I beleive you can live without them for now.

The 360 gamepad plugin as Ashlar posted is on the way, the patch as been committed to svn and as been assigned to developers, when it will be ready we will not need eventghost anymore.
KoTiX Wrote:The 360 gamepad plugin as Ashlar posted is on the way, the patch as been committed to svn and as been assigned to developers, when it will be ready we will not need eventghost anymore.
Is something similar been worked on for MCE remotes? Anyone knows?
Dwolf Wrote:This is something the devs should have had done already; many people wont transition from the xbox to a new HD platform until familiar native IR and controller support happens.
... a media center is nothing without a flawless easy way to control it (the org xbox remote and controller should have been plug and play already; aswell as the 360 controller and MCE remotes).

Yeah well said. There are probably quite many of us coming from xbox XBMC route to HD xbmc machine.

Maybe its because main development goes on the linux side and its just been couple of months since this non xbox version first alpha got finished. So xbmc is in early stages but controller support should be high on priority imo.

On to the topic. Any of you got the files from this post, the links are broken. Or is it way outdated. It is referred on the new sticky post. It also should have also the pad controller support:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36307
Asus P5N7A-VM|Win7 32bit|Intel C2D E8400|2GB|integrated nVidia 9300-HDMI|Integrated Audio-Optical SPDIF| 50" plasma 3DTV (Samsung PS50C7705)
I'm going to buy an usb IR receiver soon, but in the while I'm trying my best to have this Eventghost config to work at it best, i got scroll up and down working well too now and i updated the first post with the latest files.
Smile
nanite1000 Wrote:Yeah well said. There are probably quite many of us coming from xbox XBMC route to HD xbmc machine.

Maybe its because main development goes on the linux side and its just been couple of months since this non xbox version first alpha got finished. So xbmc is in early stages but controller support should be high on priority imo.

On to the topic. Any of you got the files from this post, the links are broken. Or is it way outdated. It is referred on the new sticky post. It also should have also the pad controller support:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36307

I tried hunting down a working link, but found nothing. That would be really sweet to try. It sounds promising.

@KoTiX...so you got scrolling working with...triggers or thumbstick?
It work with triggers, but only scrolling not ffwd or rwd.
The "leftanalogtrigger" button doesn't work at all so i just used the global actions Scrollup and Scrolldown.
If you'd like to use ffwd/rwd you can map them to the L/R buttons of the 360 pad (instead of skip next/prev).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
360 wireless Gamepad Eventghost profile0