Windows 7 64bit and XBMC problem
nice fix, thanks!
I have followed the thread so far but dont seem to be able to fix the problem I am having. Ive got the flickering screen and its completely unusable.

I've got Windows 7 64bit, ATI Radeon HD3200 Graphics, 4Gb Ram and it worked perfectly on Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I have tried the Windows drivers and the Catalyst 9.1 drivers but still no joy.
I downloaded Riva tuner but I didnt have the customise button that was shown in the post.

Can anyone suggest my next move ?
Install Vista x64 Catalyst 8.9 Driver only (keep the w7 specific catalyst control panel) to fix fullscreen flickering problem.
To install, simply put the driver installer into Compatability Mode for Vista and you can install the drivers flawlessly. This is the only driver version I have found to work in W7 x64 with any opengl fullscreen application.
Ok will do - thats from the ATI/AMD site right ?

When I click compatibility mode, which version do I choose? Vista, Vista Sp1 or Vista Sp2 ?
Ok I have insalled the w7 drivers in vista mode but now xbmc wont even load - goes straight into "xbmc has stopped working" screen.
Dewalt Dave Wrote:Ok I have insalled the w7 drivers in vista mode but now xbmc wont even load - goes straight into "xbmc has stopped working" screen.

Had the same here - but then I selected to run it as administrator and then it worked...

/needtotest
...I also installed the 185.81 driver so that could have done the trick aswell

/needtotest
More stuff on win7 64bit and xbmc:
When exiting xbmc (aeon skin) windows is in basic theme and not in the aero theme.
This is not a problem when using pm3.hd.

/needtotest
I am running windows 7 x64 on my computer and I can't seem to get my movie library to update. It goes through the update process and then when it finds new movies it doesn't do anything, it just reverts back to the previous list of movies without the new ones added.

I have the latest Nvidia drivers

Windows 7 x64
AMD Phenom X4 2.3Ghz
4GB RAM

Please help. Can't figure this out!
urbacb Wrote:I am running windows 7 x64 on my computer and I can't seem to get my movie library to update. It goes through the update process and then when it finds new movies it doesn't do anything, it just reverts back to the previous list of movies without the new ones added.

I have the latest Nvidia drivers

Windows 7 x64
AMD Phenom X4 2.3Ghz
4GB RAM

Please help. Can't figure this out!

at a pure 100% guess because you provided no info for me to actually look at File Permissions
I run SVN 21930 on W7 64 bit with no problem. Apart from some crashes when exiting XBMC, maybe I should try to log them.
I have the same issue: XBMC flickers only when in full screen mode at my preferred resolution. I set the resolution to 1920x1080@60 in appearance>screen settings and flicker occurs.

If I choose to accept the resolution, even though it flickers constantly, the next time I open XBMC.exe -fs, I get a windowed XBMC with the resolution set at [email protected].

I tried the RivaTuner fix but my system does not have the openGL settings.

Here are my system details:

display: Panasonic Plasma HDTV connected via HDMI
cpu: Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q8200
ram: 4gb Corsair XMS2 2x2GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM
mobo/graphic adapter: Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H GeForce 9400 Mainboard
os: Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600] (Windows 7 release) 64bit
graphic driver: 190.62_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql
sound driver: Realtek High Definition Audio: 6.0.1.59361
xbmc version: pre-9.10 r22516

How do I enable openGL so I can try the "Block Transfer" fix?

Any help would be much appreciated!

I updated to 23145-dx and the issue is gone. Kudos to the developers on the new builds! Now if I could get the external player working again. Smile
Hi, I am running the XBMC in a Windows 7 64bit home.

Runs fine, but I want it to create an "XBMC" user so XBMC would run (full screen) after opening a session ... and works. However, windows bar appear a while after the XBMC is load it.

Does anyone knows why this windows bar appear.

I have a DELL box, with windows remote and conected to a TV set by HDMI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 64bit and XBMC problem0