• 110(current)
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread
(2024-03-01, 19:52)Mibuix0r Wrote: So I got it to enter the Context Menu but I don't know if this is going to work.  It seems some have more items in the context menu (like if it has to option to resume) and even ones that seem alike it sometimes doesn't go down the right amount of steps.

Unfortunately, I see what you mean. If you have a video with a resume point, the order changes. Probably something you could amend by editing the skin, in order to have "Play using" always in the first position.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2024-03-01, 20:02)ashlar Wrote:
(2024-03-01, 19:52)Mibuix0r Wrote: So I got it to enter the Context Menu but I don't know if this is going to work.  It seems some have more items in the context menu (like if it has to option to resume) and even ones that seem alike it sometimes doesn't go down the right amount of steps.

Unfortunately, I see what you mean. If you have a video with a resume point, the order changes. Probably something you could amend by editing the skin, in order to have "Play using" always in the first position.
Yeah but even when I enter the context menu it isnt always in the first position.  I think I might have to give up haha.
(2024-03-01, 21:13)Mibuix0r Wrote: I think I might have to give up haha.

if automatic is not an option, a keymap is not working, a weird script that automates keyboard input is not working
then, perhaps, you can spend this effort in trying to fix whatever issue Kodi has with 4K that makes it necessary to use mpc-hc
When playing bluray movie folder Kodi player is trying to play index.bdmv file (in Play main movie mode). But mpv external player can't play it. Is there a way to tell mpv play the root bluray folder or maybe MovieObject.bdmv file instead?

Or maybe there is a way to automatically Play main title without bringing up the Simplified menu?
Can someone help me get this working. I want to use MPV for everything and i want to use the internal player for every video that contains [A] in their name. So when i play any other video uses MPV if it has [A] uses Kodi player. Also how do i make it so MPV always opens on the Second Monitor. I currently have this setup.

<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="MPV" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Media Player Video\mpv.exe</filename>
      <args>--fs=yes "{1}"</args>
      <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule video="true" player="MPV"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
(2024-03-23, 04:36)Kristijan1001 Wrote: Can someone help me get this working. I want to use MPV for everything and i want to use the internal player for every video that contains [A] in their name. So when i play any other video uses MPV if it has [A] uses Kodi player. Also how do i make it so MPV always opens on the Second Monitor. I currently have this setup.

<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Give this a try.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
       <playcountminimumtime>30</playcountminimumtime>
     </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
     <rule filename=".*[A]*." player="VideoPlayer"/>
     <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts|mkv|avi|mp4|mov|ts|flv|wmv" player="MPV"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2024-03-23, 19:19)brazen1 Wrote:
(2024-03-23, 04:36)Kristijan1001 Wrote: Can someone help me get this working. I want to use MPV for everything and i want to use the internal player for every video that contains [A] in their name. So when i play any other video uses MPV if it has [A] uses Kodi player. Also how do i make it so MPV always opens on the Second Monitor. I currently have this setup.

<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Give this a try.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
       <playcountminimumtime>30</playcountminimumtime>
     </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
     <rule filename=".*[A]*." player="VideoPlayer"/>
     <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts|mkv|avi|mp4|mov|ts|flv|wmv" player="MPV"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
Doesn't work, it launches in default no matter what, putting
"<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts|mkv|avi|mp4|mov|ts|flv|wmv" player="MPV"/>"

before

"<rule filename=".*[A]*." player="VideoPlayer"/>" 

makes it so it launches all in MPV.

Edit:
Fixed it this was wrong it needs to be ".*[A].*"
(2024-03-24, 01:10)Kristijan1001 Wrote: Fixed it this was wrong it needs to be ".*[A].*"
Out of curiosity, you wrote "[A] in their name".  Does [A] in your filename also include a period that follows it?  Like this - 

[A].
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble setting my Kodi portable installation to use MPC-HC as default for MKV files. My MPC-HC installation is also portable, by the way.

My playercorefactory.xml settings looks like this:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <!-- These are compiled-in as re-ordering them would break scripts
    The following aliases may also be used:
      audiodefaultplayer, videodefaultplayer, videodefaultVideoPlayer
    <player name="VideoPlayer" audio="true" video="true" />
    <player name="VideoPlayer" /> placeholder for MPlayer
    <player name="PAPlayer" audio="true" />
    -->

<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>‪D:\Video Programs\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
      <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>

</players>

<rules name="system rules">
    <rule name="mms/udp" protocols="mms|mmsh|udp" player="VideoPlayer" />
    <rule name="lastfm/shout" protocols="lastfm|shout" player="PAPlayer" />
    <rule name="rtmp" protocols="rtmp" player="videodefaultplayer" />

<!-- VideoPlayer can play standard rtsp streams -->
    <rule name="rtsp" protocols="rtsp" filetypes="!(rm|ra)"  player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- Internet streams -->
    <rule name="streams" internetstream="true">
      <rule name="aacp/sdp" mimetypes="audio/aacp|application/sdp" player="VideoPlayer" />
      <rule name="mp2" mimetypes="application/octet-stream" filetypes="mp2" player="PAPlayer" />
    </rule>

<!-- DVDs -->
    <rule name="dvd" dvd="true" player="VideoPlayer" />
    <rule name="discimage" discimage="true" game="false" player="VideoPlayer" />

<!-- Only VideoPlayer can handle these normally -->
    <rule name="sdp/asf" filetypes="sdp|asf" player="VideoPlayer" />

<!-- Pass these to VideoPlayer as we do not know if they are audio or video -->
    <rule name="nsv" filetypes="nsv" player="VideoPlayer" />

<!-- pvr radio channels should be played by VideoPlayer because they need buffering -->
    <rule name="radio" filetypes="pvr" filename=".*/radio/.*" player="VideoPlayer" />

</rules>

<rules action="prepend">
      <rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>

</rules>

</playercorefactory>

But nothing happens when I try to watch a MKV file through Kodi. Looking at the log file, it seems like Kodi can't find the MPC-HC executable:

Code:

2024-03-24 22:37:44.631 T:23224   debug <general>: ContextMenuManager: addon menus reloaded.
2024-03-24 22:37:44.631 T:23224    info <general>: Loading player core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/playercorefactory.xml.
2024-03-24 22:37:44.631 T:23224   debug <general>: CPlayerCoreConfig::<ctor>: created player VideoPlayer
2024-03-24 22:37:44.631 T:23224   debug <general>: CPlayerCoreConfig::<ctor>: created player PAPlayer
2024-03-24 22:37:44.631 T:23224   debug <general>: CPlayerCoreConfig::<ctor>: created player RetroPlayer
2024-03-24 22:37:44.631 T:23224 warning <general>: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayer(MPC-HC): no such player: MPC-HC
2024-03-24 22:37:44.631 T:23224   debug <general>: CPlayerCoreConfig::<ctor>: created player MPC-HC

I double checked, and the MPC-HC path is indeed correct. What could I be missing?

Thanks in advance.
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread11