Easiest way to set up a new portable Kodi and take over own settings?
What is the fastest / easiest way to set up a new portable Kodi and keep, take over as many own settings as possible?

Win 11 Version 23H2
Copy the \Roaming\Kodi\ folder to \<YourPortableKodi\portable_data\

https://kodi.wiki/view/Backup
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you.

I didn't think to mention that I want to reinstall Kodi because there are problems with the old one. Something seems completely broken there. If I adopt the old settings, could it be that I also adopt errors?

I want to reinstall all of the add-ons or as few as possible at least (to not to cause problems again with add-ons not really needed). So I do not want to keep them.
(2024-03-13, 09:49)Mazz Wrote: If I adopt the old settings, could it be that I also adopt errors?
Highly likely.
But copy across the \roaming\kodi\ folder and check. If there is still a problem, simply delete that \kodi\ folder and restart Kodi for a fresh setup.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Quote: But copy across the \roaming\kodi\ folder and check. If there is still a problem, simply delete that \kodi\ folder and restart Kodi for a fresh setup.

So if there is not any problem I just go on and if there is some problem I just remove the roaming\kodi\ folder and go on without them.

But in any case I can copy xml files from the old Kodi like favorites.xml, keymap.xml, sources.xml? Setting up the again would be a lot of work. Respectively, if there would be a problem then I would just delet them.
(2024-03-13, 11:02)Mazz Wrote: But in any case I can copy xml files from the old Kodi like favorites.xml, keymap.xml, sources.xml?
Yep. You can copy those across, assuming none of the paths and filenames have changed. You can copy across your nodes and smart playlists and advancesettings.xml file also.

Just remember that copying over the sources.xml file will not rebuild your library. You still need to Set Content, choose the scraper, adjust scraper settings and scan to library.
My Signature
OK, so then I will try it that way. Many thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Easiest way to set up a new portable Kodi and take over own settings?0