• 3(current)
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread
Jester Wrote:weird, should work as the 17015 i did was basically the patch applied manually that got later put into SVN....

just make sure that you have forceontop set to true

I can confirm that externalplayer does not work by default in the latest version. I installed over a working version and externalplayer functionality stopped working. Has the xml syntax changed??
Crewone Wrote:I can confirm that externalplayer does not work by default in the latest version. I installed over a working version and externalplayer functionality stopped working. Has the xml syntax changed??

and you have checked that forceontop is true ?
yes.

I can still start the externalplayer from the context menu. It just wont start by default.
ah...i think i know what happend

working on it...
the PlayerCoreFactory.cpp patch was forgotten and is not in the SVN, i've asked it to be added...
can somebody try XBMCSetup-Rev17036-ext.exe and confirm the defaultplayer works again ?
I can confirm that the externalplayer works in Jester's XBMCSetup-Rev17036-ext.exe Smile
wanted to let you know that all builds well on OSX (17040). Focus issue is still there while using VLC, although the current playercorefactory.cpp patch is applied (tried all possible combinations of config options within vlc and advancedsettings.xml)
sizanx Wrote:I can confirm that the externalplayer works in Jester's XBMCSetup-Rev17036-ext.exe Smile

Works for me as well!
new test version coming soon with some more changes... stay tuned Smile
Using build17036-ext I get the following error in the logs, although the advancedsettings.xml is positioned correctly at the specified path:

Quote:14:33:40 T:484 M:2676330496 ERROR: Error loading C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\nnn\Anwendungsdaten\XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings.xml, Line 0
Error document empty.
XBMC Equipment:
Nvidia Ion + Atom 330, HDMI out
Panasonic TH-42PX80FV
Windows Server 2008 R2
nightyy Wrote:Using build17036-ext I get the following error in the logs, although the advancedsettings.xml is positioned correctly at the specified path:
Is the space a typing mistake or you really are referring to ad vancedsettings.xml ?
The board displays some spaces where there are non when I edit my post, so no error caused by spaces:

The full path to the file is:
Quote:c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\nnn\Anwendungsdaten\XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings.xml

Its content is:
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
<filename>c:\Programme\_tools_\mplayer\mplayer.exe</filename>
<args>-fs</args>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>

The XBMC log says:
Quote:4:33:40 T:484 M:2676436992 NOTICE: Checking resolution 10
14:33:40 T:484 M:2676436992 NOTICE: Setting autoresolution mode 12
14:33:40 T:484 M:2676330496 ERROR: Error loading C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\nnn\Anwendungsdaten\XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings.xml, Line 0
Error document empty.
14:33:40 T:484 M:2676330496 NOTICE: Default Video Player: dvdplayer
14:33:40 T:484 M:2676330496 NOTICE: Default Audio Player: paplayer
14:33:40 T:484 M:2676363264 NOTICE: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\nnn\Anwendungsdaten\XBMC\userdata\sources.xml
XBMC Equipment:
Nvidia Ion + Atom 330, HDMI out
Panasonic TH-42PX80FV
Windows Server 2008 R2
Upped new version XBMCSetup-Rev17060-ext.exe

new parameter:
Code:
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>

What forceontop now does is change the xbmc window from TOPMOST to NOTOPMOST before the player is launched and back again afterwards

thx to moby-uk
Jester Wrote:Upped new version XBMCSetup-Rev17060-ext.exe

new parameter:
Code:
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
What forceontop now does is change the xbmc window from TOPMOST to NOTOPMOST before the player is launched and back again afterwards
Two questions:

1) So it could be worth it to try with hidexbmc set to true and forceontop set to false? Or viceversa? Or do they both have to be true?

2) Is there any work being done with the overall focus problem? As I mentioned before, i think that having XBMC taking hostage the whole machine is too limiting for a lot of other purposes, different from the external player situation. Web browing, torrents monitoring... there's a lot of stuff that could be reached by alt-tabbing and now is unreachable.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread11