SVN 16961+ Samba & Alt-Tab not working
Hi,

I recently tested some of the newer versions (16961 and later) and since then I can't connect to my Samba-Servers. XBMC always asks me for the password and when I enter it, the field is empty again and I can't get a connection. Worked fine in some earlier version though.

Also I cannot switch back to my desktop using alt-tab (or windows-tab) the only way seems to be quitting XBMC.
Please see the sticky about posting problems in a useful manner.
Here's what I'm using:

Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
Intel CoreDuo E8200 @ 2.66 GHz
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD2600 Pro
Driver Version 8.12

I'm not sure if the debug logs will help. When trying to connect to samba server, a simple access denied message is displayed, which causes the password dialogue to come up. When entering the password again, access denied appears again. But username and password were correct both times. Maybe there was a change of the protocol? SMB worked fine here until 16961 (or maybe earlier, but 16961 was the first one I noticed the problem)

I also started a second log for the alt-tab-problem, but it seems like the alt-tab and windows-tab keystrokes don't appear in the log at all. maybe, because they are windows related.

What happens is, that I see the floating window with the open applications and can switch between them, but as soon as I let go of alt-tab, XBMC pops back in front again. Same with Windows-Tab, only that in this case I can see the cover-flow like animation of the apps, but with the same result as alt-tab.

After trying to switch the application, the task-bar can be seen, but when I click on any of the apps there, XBMC still stays in front.

I had the same problem with SVN16961 through 16993 (all from Jester's page)
mechaichezilla Wrote:Here's what I'm using:

Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
Intel CoreDuo E8200 @ 2.66 GHz
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD2600 Pro
Driver Version 8.12

I'm not sure if the debug logs will help. When trying to connect to samba server, a simple access denied message is displayed, which causes the password dialogue to come up. When entering the password again, access denied appears again. But username and password were correct both times. Maybe there was a change of the protocol? SMB worked fine here until 16961 (or maybe earlier, but 16961 was the first one I noticed the problem)

I also started a second log for the alt-tab-problem, but it seems like the alt-tab and windows-tab keystrokes don't appear in the log at all. maybe, because they are windows related.

What happens is, that I see the floating window with the open applications and can switch between them, but as soon as I let go of alt-tab, XBMC pops back in front again. Same with Windows-Tab, only that in this case I can see the cover-flow like animation of the apps, but with the same result as alt-tab.

After trying to switch the application, the task-bar can be seen, but when I click on any of the apps there, XBMC still stays in front.

I had the same problem with SVN16961 through 16993 (all from Jester's page)

I'm running 16961 and SMB is working perfectly as we speak. I know it's not a solution, but it says something about the protocol being broken...
digitalhigh Wrote:I'm running 16961 and SMB is working perfectly as we speak. I know it's not a solution, but it says something about the protocol being broken...

And did SMB work in older versions for you too? Or did it start working in later versions?

Ah, and one information that might help too is, that my SMB-Server is a Mac. Maybe Apple is screwing up something here. But, as I said, the older versions of XBMC could (and still can, I still have a backup of Atlantis Beta 1 and an old one Version of 2006 for my Xbox that work just fine) connect to the server.
newer XBMC uses windows native functions to connect to a SMB share.
If you're able to connect via the command line (\\server) so should XBMC.
And please let us decide if the logs are helpful or not.
You may want to XXX your passwords though.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
mechaichezilla Wrote:And did SMB work in older versions for you too? Or did it start working in later versions?

Ah, and one information that might help too is, that my SMB-Server is a Mac. Maybe Apple is screwing up something here. But, as I said, the older versions of XBMC could (and still can, I still have a backup of Atlantis Beta 1 and an old one Version of 2006 for my Xbox that work just fine) connect to the server.

SMB has worked for me from atlantis forward. But yes, I am using a windows Server. I'd imagine that has something to do with it...
WiSo Wrote:newer XBMC uses windows native functions to connect to a SMB share.
If you're able to connect via the command line (\\server) so should XBMC.
And please let us decide if the logs are helpful or not.
You may want to XXX your passwords though.

OK, here's the SMB-Log:
http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=m92fdd99

I xxx-ed the user information and deleted the keystrokes for re-entering the password.

And here the Alt-Tab-Log:
http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=m1c5ca44e
DEBUG: Trying to connect to \\192.168.0.3\Movies with username(xxx) and password(xxx)
05:10:55 T:5700
ERROR: Couldn't connect to \\192.168.0.3\Movies, access denied

What access level do you have set on your server? Are you able to just disable password/username?
AFAIK you can't disable the password on the Mac. At least not with the user interface, maybe with some shell commands, but that's not my strong suite.

Anyway, the alt-tab thing is what's bothering me more, since I must have a little ccxstream-script lying around somewhere on the mac which I could use instead of smb. For the alt-tab problem I don't have a workaround though.
I just read a post about problems with launcher not being able to give focus. Administrative privileges.

Quote:Ultimately, I used 1.01 and started XBMC as administrator (Right Click - Run as Administrator).

Maybe this is your problem?
If you meant the alt-tab-problem, administrator didn't help.

But I think I got SMB running now. I had to use the computer's name instead its IP-Address as a path, now it seems to be working.
mechaichezilla Wrote:If you meant the alt-tab-problem, administrator didn't help.

But I think I got SMB running now. I had to use the computer's name instead its IP-Address as a path, now it seems to be working.

alt-tab is known issue now, we're looking at it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SVN 16961+ Samba & Alt-Tab not working0