Has Music Library Changed In The Past Few SVN's?
Exclamation 
I updated to a new SVN yesterday (also tried 17001 today) and it has had an adverse effect on my XBMC music library. Most categories seem fine but when I click on artists, it takes 10 minutes to open (not kidding my log proves it). The first few times I just assumed XBMC had frozen. After running XBMC in windowed mode I let it finish its scan. All my 270 artists appeared but after going back a page and trying to re-enter, the same thing happened.

I have a backup of my XBMC so I can revert back to my working copy anytime. I'm just trying to avoid having to delete my music library and starting from scratch. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Here are few log snippets of what I'm seeing:

Start:
15:28:03 T:5396 M:1079332864 DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetArtistsNav query: select * from artist where (idArtist IN (select album.idArtist from album) or idArtist IN (select exartistalbum.idArtist from exartistalbum join album on album.idAlbum = exartistalbum.idAlbum where album.strExtraArtists != '')) and artist.strArtist != ""
15:28:03 T:5396 M:1079328768 DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetArtistPath query: select strPath from path join song on song.idPath = path.idPath join album on album.idAlbum = song.idAlbum where album.idAlbum in (select idAlbum from album where album.idArtist=1) or album.idAlbum in (select idAlbum from exartistalbum where exartistalbum.idArtist = 1) group by song.idPath
15:28:05 T:5396 M:1078865920 DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetArtistPath query: select strPath from path join song on song.idPath = path.idPath join album on album.idAlbum = song.idAlbum where album.idAlbum in (select idAlbum from album where album.idArtist=2) or album.idAlbum in (select idAlbum from exartistalbum where exartistalbum.idArtist = 2) group by song.idPath

End:
15:38:20 T:5396 M:1071534080 DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetArtistPath query: select strPath from path join song on song.idPath = path.idPath join album on album.idAlbum = song.idAlbum where album.idAlbum in (select idAlbum from album where album.idArtist=269) or album.idAlbum in (select idAlbum from exartistalbum where exartistalbum.idArtist = 269) group by song.idPath
15:38:23 T:5396 M:1054154752 DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetArtistPath query: select strPath from path join song on song.idPath = path.idPath join album on album.idAlbum = song.idAlbum where album.idAlbum in (select idAlbum from album where album.idArtist=270) or album.idAlbum in (select idAlbum from exartistalbum where exartistalbum.idArtist = 270) group by song.idPath
15:38:25 T:5396 M:1062170624 DEBUG: Time to retrieve artists from dataset = 622628
15:38:25 T:5396 M:1062170624 DEBUG: Saving fileitems [musicdb://2/]

Notice the time it took to load?
It's trying to find the path of each artist for fanart purposes. This is obviously not going to be a nice way to do it.

The query was changed by the looks - not sure if that makes a difference or not to the speed, but I suspect that in either case this is going to be a bit nasty.

I think we'll have to change it so that fanart is cached by something not related to the path.

Please post a ticket on trac with your details.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

changed in svn

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has Music Library Changed In The Past Few SVN's?0