PM3.HD Skin - Music FanArt support now in the SVN
Nothing special pretty much the same as the video ones but it works Nod

Artist with Fanart set

Artist with no fanart

Albums from Artist node

ENJOY

P.S Yes I know my Music Tagging sucks no need to tell me I have 2 the same Tongue
nice!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
finaly the wait is over

great work jezz_x

just game fanart for xbox needed now Wink
any chance of this for the PM3 (non-HD) skin ?
How will this fanart apply itself to a song.

Right now I have all my music in one folder, so will I have to select a fanart for each of my 2000 songs?

For movies and tv series I have my fanart stored in each of the folders, so it automatically picks up, but I am failing to see how it will apply to my music folder where it is a single folder with 200 songs.

Is there a naming structure such as metallica-fanart.jpg that will apply that fanart to all Metallic songs?
It only applies to artists. And it's only read locally if your music is stored as:

artist/album/songs.mp3.

Technically (for those interested), we find the common root path of all albums by that artist, and that's the artist path.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the reply.

Looks like I will have to restructure my music.

I plan on doing Music/Metallica/song.mp3 with fanart.jpg inside Metallica folder. This should show the fanart for all songs within that Metallica folder correct?

Also has this feature been added to svn rev16762?
No,

You need:
Music/Metallica/fanart.jpg
and preferrably
Music/Metallica/album/song.mp3
And XBMC will show that fanart for the Metallica ALBUM listing.

no, it was fully implemented around or after 17000
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Just want to make sure I got this straight before jumping into it.

I use library mode - songs view - sorted by artist (so that all my songs are in one single list)

Does the new fanart only appear if it is done by album or artist? Will it show fanart for all my songs in my current view if I follow your folder structure above?

I appreciate your time.
Not sure if the folder structure is mandatory (except for basic sanity), but currently you will only see fanart when going through the artist node.

Jezz_X, would it be possible to have the album and song sub-nodes under artist inherit the fanart as we do with TV shows?

How about when browsing the album and song nodes?
yes and it allready works that way except I stopped at the albums and albums only show it after going through the artist node.
And pretty sure the folder structure is needed but spiff needs to confirm that
directory structure is needed for them to be picked up automagically. you can still manually assign using get fanart as everywhere else.

as jezz_x said; Nothing special pretty much the same as the video ones. in this case; exactly like tvshows
Jezz_X Wrote:yes and it allready works that way except I stopped at the albums and albums only show it after going through the artist node, after going through Artist.
And pretty sure the folder structure is needed but spiff needs to confirm that
OK, the album node only gets generic fanart in my 17031 installation. (ie does not inherit from artist).
Also there is no way for me to add fanart (neither update library nor scan to library seems to pick it up).
we have already fixed those, jezz is sittin' on the diff and i'm sure it will hit svn soon
yeah all the fixes should now be in as well as a get fanart button in the artist info dialog but I just added basic support to old school pm3 as well
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/J...hot028.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/J...hot027.jpg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PM3.HD Skin - Music FanArt support now in the SVN0