[RELEASE] G4TV (Video) Plugin
stacked, would it be possible for the plugin to retrieve the episode descriptions from the podcasts? So they can be shown in skins using the plot infolabel?
Jeroen Wrote:stacked, would it be possible for the plugin to retrieve the episode descriptions from the podcasts? So they can be shown in skins using the plot infolabel?

sure, I'll add it to the next update.
stacked Wrote:sure, I'll add it to the next update.

Cool Big Grin Thanks a lot! Smile
[Update]
- updated plugin to work with G4 recent site changes
Thanks for keeping this updated. I watch Around the Net about every other day and was really wanting to keep up with E3 and this has the podcasts. Thanks!

Edit: I spoke a little too soon. The E3 podcasts seem to be messed up. It took about 3-4 minutes of watching the little rotating loading icon before it began to play the video of Knights of the Republic for Microsoft's day. Here's my debug log: http://pastebin.ca/1447058

I'm using and xbox with XBMC r20848 built on June 1st. The good stuff seems to start at line 926.
Huh I'm not sure whats wrong. There are no python errors. I think the g4tv site is just laggy and it's causing the plugin to lock up. I was using the plugin fine all last week, but ever since the e3 changes, everything has be acting weird.
That's what I was leaning towards too, but figured I'd give the debug log for verification. You'd think that since they're a network dedicated to technology that they wouldn't have these kinds of issues. Oh well, it's always the mechanic with a messed up car and the plumber with a leaky faucet I guess.
I'm planning to add G4TV video index, so you can have access to every video on the G4 site. If I don't run it any problems, I should have the update posted soon.

edit...
[Update r1034]
- partially added G4 Video Index. It displays the last 100 videos on G4. (for now)
Thanks a lot for the plugin! It's great!

I'm having a problem though. I can't view any AOTS shows from the TV shows section. I can view Podcasts and videos from the files list. I tried removing and re-installing the plugin to no avail.

Is anyone else seeing this? Or is there a way to fix this? I realize it could be a problem with G4's site.
T777 Wrote:Thanks a lot for the plugin! It's great!

I'm having a problem though. I can't view any AOTS shows from the TV shows section. I can view Podcasts and videos from the files list. I tried removing and re-installing the plugin to no avail.

Is anyone else seeing this? Or is there a way to fix this? I realize it could be a problem with G4's site.

Yeah, G4 been changing their site around with all the E3 coverage. If I find time today, I'll try to update it. Hopefully, G4TV slow down on changing their site.

edited:

[G4TV r1051]
- Updated plugin to work with G4TV.com recent changes.
Thanks for your efforts and quick turnaround Stacked! It's working now.
[Update r1053 (1.4)]
- fixed G4 Video Index
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but whenever I go into Plugin Settings and try to set the download path to something other than E:\,which I realize must be a source added to the Videos section, it immediately reverts back to E:\.

I'm trying to download to F:\G4TV, but it always goes to E:\ and the file saves as a number with no extension. If I manually add the .mp4 then it plays flawlessly though. I've tried both Download and Play video and Ask for download before playing video and both dump the file into E:\ with no extension. I'm using r1053 downloaded via the SVN.

Thanks yet again for all your great work stacked!
I'm not sure what happen. It just starting doing that a few builds back. I see the same problem in the CBS plugin.
[Update 2009-06-20]
- version 2.0
- the plugin now indexes all of G4 Videos and Podcasts
- added video info and thumbnails to video playback
- added new icons for the menus
- added search menu
- fixed downloads feature

ImageImageImageImageImage

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] G4TV (Video) Plugin0