[RELEASE] G4TV (Video) Plugin
Stacked,

Thanks for these great plugins...I have been using both your G4TV & Revision3 plugins for a few months now. Would it be possible to have it keep track of watched/unwatched items...and possibly even bookmark where you have stopped, like on movies and tv shows?
blazeblaze Wrote:Stacked,

Thanks for these great plugins...I have been using both your G4TV & Revision3 plugins for a few months now. Would it be possible to have it keep track of watched/unwatched items...and possibly even bookmark where you have stopped, like on movies and tv shows?

Sry, that's not possible with plugins. Wink
stacked Wrote:[Update 2009-06-20]
- version 2.0
- the plugin now indexes all of G4 Videos and Podcasts
- added video info and thumbnails to video playback
- added new icons for the menus
- added search menu
- fixed downloads feature

Big Grin awesome, thanks a lot!

I was thinking about a feature the other day, I'm not sure if it's possible. Part of the feature was a watched/unwatched element but you already explained that's not possible. Anyway, obviously podcasts are generally quite short. I think it would be great if the plugin could take the newest episode of each (user-defined) list of shows and play all of those in a sort of temporary playlist.

Something like when you go to cnet tv: http://cnettv.cnet.com/

They have all those different shows, but there's this "today on cnet" playlist on the right.

I'm probably asking too much/the impossible here, but I thought I'd just put it out there Smile
...yea, it's kinda too much. It's probably possible, but you mind as well just browse through the "Most Recent" or "Shows" menu. I think the plugin (and the G4 site) is neatly organized, so something like that isn't really needed.
You're right, the most recent node comes along way in that regard. Doesn't matter much, just an idea that came up Smile Loving the update a lot, thanks for your efforts Wink
[Update 8/13/09 v2.2]
- added cookie header to fix errors
I am getting 'script failed' today.

Anybody else?
Talus Wrote:I am getting 'script failed' today.

Anybody else?

Fixed, get the update via SVN Repo Installer. Wink
stacked Wrote:Fixed, get the update via SVN Repo Installer. Wink

Amazing! Thanks!!!
Hey, and perhaps you can tell me why my streams often get cut off when using this plugin.

The GameTrailers.com plugin never seems to drop on me, but the G4TV.com plugin seems to drop at some point in nearly every video.

Is there a setting somewhere I can tweak?

Thanks for the quick update!
Talus Wrote:Hey, and perhaps you can tell me why my streams often get cut off when using this plugin.

The GameTrailers.com plugin never seems to drop on me, but the G4TV.com plugin seems to drop at some point in nearly every video.

Is there a setting somewhere I can tweak?

Thanks for the quick update!

I have the same problem, I haven't looked into it yet.

- Try using the play with DVD player setting on the plugin
- Try tweaking your internet cache setting in XBMC
- Try using a stable build

If all fails, use the "Download and Play" setting on the plugin.
stacked Wrote:I have the same problem, I haven't looked into it yet.

- Try using the play with DVD player setting on the plugin
- Try tweaking your internet cache setting in XBMC
- Try using a stable build

If all fails, use the "Download and Play" setting on the plugin.

It doesn't work for me when I use DVD Player. Also, my version of XBMC does not have cache settings for some reason.

I'm using a Dec 9, 2009 build...maybe it's time to upgrade Smile

I'll try downloading another build and post my results back here.
Hi,
I'm using the latest Dharma build and I can't get this plugin to work. I downloaded the latest zip file from your Google code page and then went into xbmc>add adons from zip file (or some similar wording). Any help would be greatly appreciated
KidVulcan Wrote:Hi,
I'm using the latest Dharma build and I can't get this plugin to work. I downloaded the latest zip file from your Google code page and then went into xbmc>add adons from zip file (or some similar wording). Any help would be greatly appreciated

The plugin doesn't work on the Dharma builds. I will release an update by this end of the weekend.
stacked Wrote:The plugin doesn't work on the Dharma builds. I will release an update by this end of the weekend.

Ok, thanksCool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] G4TV (Video) Plugin0