question about poster and new install
Hi,

I'm using an older version of XBMC and now is the time to download and install some of the new builds, one thing I'm worried about is the posters of my movies.

I've ripped my entire DVD collection, so i have a bunch of movie. I'm in Library mode and most of the time I changed the cover that got crawled by XBMC, i.e. using the movie information option I was crawling all the poster available and picking up the one I liked the most, so for example my posters are different in files mode and library mode.

Anyway I was afraid and wondering if updating to a new version would screw my library posters.

any ideas?

thx a lot
m0gwai Wrote:Hi,

I'm using an older version of XBMC and now is the time to download and install some of the new builds, one thing I'm worried about is the posters of my movies.

I've ripped my entire DVD collection, so i have a bunch of movie. I'm in Library mode and most of the time I changed the cover that got crawled by XBMC, i.e. using the movie information option I was crawling all the poster available and picking up the one I liked the most, so for example my posters are different in files mode and library mode.

Anyway I was afraid and wondering if updating to a new version would screw my library posters.

any ideas?

thx a lot

It shouldn't touch anything in your userdata folder, but if you're really concerned, all you need to do is browse to C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\XBMC\userdata

Where %USERNAME% is the username you're using under windows. The folders Database and Thumbnails respectively contain the database and cached thumbnails for all of your movies.

I've upgraded to several new builds and have never noticed any problems with the thumbnails being moved. But, like I said, if you want to be extra-safe, you can copy those two folders somewhere else and then copy them back after you upgrade. I don't think you should have to tho...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
question about poster and new install0