Trouble importing iTunes Library into XBMC for Windows
Ok so my iTunes Library is on my Mac and I run XBMC for windows on my windows PC... I was doing some reading around and came accross the iTunes plugin from SVN addons google code page... I'm editing the default.py to add the library location but I'm not quite sure the syntax I need since it's Windows connecting to a Mac... I've come up with this so far but with no success:

os.getenv "smb://Alticus/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml"

Any ideas how this line should look?

When I try to use the plugin I get the error "Cannot connect to network share" or something to that affect... but I know it's there because if I just browse to the shared iTunes folder without using the plugin, I can see it just fine. Does anyone else connect to their Mac iTunes Library on the windows XBMC?
hmm... no takers on this one? I'm stumped
python has no idea what smb:// refers to. You'd have to do some trickery in order to get it to read from smb I suspect.

If you're sharing it via smb, then mount that drive on windows, then python should be able to get it just using the local path.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The line now looks like this but I still get the 'cannot connect to network share' message.

filename = 'G:\\iTunes Music Library.xml'
Grrr... I've tried every possible syntax I can think of and this thing still gives me an error. Sad
Is Python just not able to go accross the network? Or could it be that the iTunes plugin isn't capable of reading the OS X iTunes Library from windows?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble importing iTunes Library into XBMC for Windows0