Mac OS X stand-alone media managar app like Media Companion or Media Info Plus?
Thanks a lot for you help.

I will check out the MediaReader.

The problem with Media Companion is propably the .NET Framework 3.5 which doesn't work properly.
Hey there,
is there any MediaManager out there for the Mac? As i don't have any windows mashine any more and i don't want to install a vmware on my MacMini Mediacenter mashine, i'd love to have a MediaManager that creates all the nfo's for me, downloads nice posters and so on...
If there are no managers out there by now, what would you think about creating an opensource one?
Greetings, BliBlaBlo
BliBlaBlo Wrote:Hey there,
is there any MediaManager out there for the Mac? As i don't have any windows mashine any more and i don't want to install a vmware on my MacMini Mediacenter mashine, i'd love to have a MediaManager that creates all the nfo's for me, downloads nice posters and so on...
If there are no managers out there by now, what would you think about creating an opensource one?
Greetings, BliBlaBlo

There aren't any available as a native mac solution. Hopefully that will change with the unified media manager project.
You could try this one: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49370
It's a java program... so it should work on any platform.

Regards
Max
EDIT: Nevermind, I found a link. I could have sworn I'd searched, but its late ... sorry for the post.Tongue
Question 
I've looked around a bit trying to found a Media Manager to create Nfo's for my files from IMDB but had not luck so far. I've wanted to know if anyone can help me in the right direction.

Ps.: I did find a Java based program in this forum called "media manager" but had no luck after installing it. It won;t even start up.

Cheers
Coming some day....

http://sourceforge.net/projects/universalmc/

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50388
There's plenty for windows but what about mac users? Somebody please make one. Smile
Head over to to our team site if you would like to test some of the early builds of UMM, The unified cross platform media manager that a bunch of us folks are working on.
I take it there is nothing to try out yet just went to your site and sourcforge and the like but nothing to actually download?
garyi Wrote:I take it there is nothing to try out yet just went to your site and sourcforge and the like but nothing to actually download?

you have to register for the forums to be able to see the pre-alpha area where the downloads are at.
fekker Wrote:you have to register for the forums to be able to see the pre-alpha area where the downloads are at.

Talk about "ole bait n switch"

He SHOULD of stated that you have to sign up to sign up for the alpha test. I hate jumping through hoops like that.
Quote:Bait n Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fekker View Post
you have to register for the forums to be able to see the pre-alpha area where the downloads are at.
Talk about "ole bait n switch"

He SHOULD of stated that you have to sign up to sign up for the alpha test. I hate jumping through hoops like that.
Create forum account, make post saying you would like to test it. Really doesn't seem all that complicated to me.

Here's a tip, if that's too much work for you, please do not download or test UMM at all. It's a pre-alpha, very early in development, and nowhere near being done, which is why we asked folks to request to be a tester, so they understand what they are getting into.

Sure, I want folks to provide feedback and help the team make it better, but it's not one click done media management yet.
Here is a web media manager :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=428692&postcount=1

But it doesn't support scrapping just yet. It is also in early stages of development.
Question 
Hi everybody, i've been looking for an application for macs like ember media manager (i think it's great, congratulations), but i don' find anything.

Is there something similar? Thanks for a very good work Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac OS X stand-alone media managar app like Media Companion or Media Info Plus?0