XBMC won't find new media
I ran into this problem a few weeks ago. I have a mapped drive set up for a SMB share to my file server. XBMC points to two folders in that drive -- Movies and a TV Shows. Tonight I added another folder within TV Shows containing a show, one that exists in thetvdb.com. Said folder and media within shows up fine when just browsing through Videos and not through the library. However when I do an update it isn't picked up and added to the library.

Last time this happened (didn't pick up two new movies and 3 seasons of 1 TV show) I ended up deleting the database then re-adding the sources, and with a re-scan it all worked (after a long wait of re-downloading everything). I didn't have to change anything with the media files, deleting the library was all it took (checked permissions and all that stuff before hand, wasn't that).

I've checked the logs for XBMC and I see the scan kick off and completes with no errors. I'd like to avoid having to delete and re-add sources again. Any idea what would cause it to now see the new folder when scanning?
A little more info: I've tried removing the folder, updating, then adding it back to make sure the folder hash is changing. With debug logging on it looks like it rescans all the folders, but for some reason the new TV show's folder doesn't show up in the list of folders in the debug log. Which is odd since I can view it and watch media from that show in the Videos section.
something similar is happening to me with 17003, i added the second season of Californication, and no matter how many times i delete and reinstall, add/remove sources, its still only picking up season 1. Season 2 is formated dthe same way as 1, so it shouldnt be a naming issue, everything else works fine.
Same for me.. doesn't pick up any new added tv shows
There seems to be newly introduced bug in the video scanner (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5657). I will try to fix it asap.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Not sure if this is an actual fix, or just a temp fix like adding/removing the source was for me previously, but I installed Jester's latest SVN last night (17013) over top of my install and ran an update and it picked up the show. I assume it's a temp fix though since there isn't any changeset between 17003 (based on Evanrich saying it isn't working) and 17013 that would seem to fix this...

Thanks for looking into it vdrfan.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC won't find new media0