Problem playing movies with idx/sub subtitles
then fix it! don't harass those that actually fix things. help out instead. if not sit quietly in the corner
Quote:But you should not forget to listen to your customers once in a while.

and my initial response of

Quote:the issue is queued and will be looked into when it pops off the queue.

was not enough to indicate that we understand there is a problem and will look into the issue?
spiff Wrote:then fix it! don't harass those that actually fix things. help out instead. if not sit quietly in the corner

I think I've tried to help, and not only with this problem. I do not think I am harassing anyone. Just expressing some opinions.
Krieg Wrote:In my opinion a stopper is when you can't use the software, not having working subtitles is almost at the same level as not having image or not having sound. People who need subtitles to watch their media can not use XBMC. And believe me, they are a lot.

The subtitle issue has been around a long time and it is frustrating, but there's a very fast alternative that you can do using mkvmerge (available on all platforms). No loss in quality of video and you get your subtitles appearing. Why won't that do while we all wait for a permanent fix to the subtitle problem (which I suspect is not trivial)? Under Leopard Front Row has a terrible time with subtitles (the video goes blank when a subtitle appears) and people have been trying to fix it for quite some time.

Given that there is an easy temporary fix I can see why it's not at the top of the priority list. The problems mentioned in the other post are big show stoppers and clearly more pressing (especially in light of mkvmerge).

philip
I having a issue reproducing the problem. If someone with example files that show the problem with subtitles can email at davilla [at] xbmc [dot] org. I'd like to get a copy. Don't email them, as I will respond with a private ftp server login.
Trac error: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5551
All sorts of things going on. Can't tell if it's a subtile issue or the missing video.

I want.

name.<pick your three letter video file format>
name.idx
name.sub

something longer than 10 seconds please.

email me at davilla [at] xbmc [dot] org for a ftp server location
Hi,

I'm having some problems as well playing movies with subtitles on an ISO file (which was ripped using MTR).
I have a sample file ready. Would you mind taking a look at that one (posted a separate thread, but am not getting any response on it).

WOuld you like me to send you an email as well for the ftp location?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem playing movies with idx/sub subtitles0