TV Show Library - Can the Season names be changed
Is there a way to set up information in the tvshow.nfo file so that you can give a different title to the season names rather than just Season 1, Season 2, etc.?

I have two examples (The Looney Tunes and School House Rock) were this is something that would be useful. In each of these examples it would be useful to give the Seasons title like "Grammar Rock" or "Bugs and Daffy" rather than the generic season names that don't tell me which episodes are inside.

Not a big deal if it isn't possible but I am curious if there is a way to do this that I don't know about.
I guess there's a couple of points to discuss:

1. There'd have to be support from the websites we interact with (thetvdb in particular).
2. There'd have to be support from the XBMC database - we'd need a new table added for seasons I think.
3. We'd have to see what the demand is.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed. Things such as "Wayne Anderson: Singer of Songs" (aka Season 1) would benefit from this.

Cheers,
Jonahtan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I've got a custom area for video that doesn't fit with either movies or TV, or home videos - so this would definitely be a benefit for me. Currently I use the thumb to tell me what things are as Season1,2,3 etc doesn't tell much.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
jmarshall Wrote:I guess there's a couple of points to discuss:

1. There'd have to be support from the websites we interact with (thetvdb in particular).
2. There'd have to be support from the XBMC database - we'd need a new table added for seasons I think.
3. We'd have to see what the demand is.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed. Things such as "Wayne Anderson: Singer of Songs" (aka Season 1) would benefit from this.

Cheers,
Jonahtan

I guess I am not sure how big the demand would be overall. I only had the 2 examples. In particular the Looney Tunes one is the one that would certainly be the most useful as the current tvdb way of listing it gives you 48 Seasons. Trying to remember which season something is in can be a challenge. I usually resort to listing all seasons and scrolling through until I find the group I am looking for.

Would it be a difficult change to add a Season Name table to the XBMC database?

I guess it will be interesting to see what other people think as to whether or not this would be a useful addition.
The first step would be getting thetvdb.com to support it. If they do, then getting it into XBMC is going to be much more likely.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Library - Can the Season names be changed0