Direct Remote Codes (Pronto et al)
firstly, kudos to the developers for a job well done. i'm using a prontoprong to control xbmc, and have created short-cut buttons for each cd in my library. to accomplish this, i've created macros to do all the menu navigation necessary to get to each album and play the first song. the (extremely unfortunate) drawback of this approach is that adding new albums later on has a ripple effect on the positions i've hard-coded in my remote, and requires wholesale revision of all the macros i've created.

instead, it would be great if each album had a multi-digit code associated with it that could be entered directly from the "my music" screen. these values could be configured from an xml file, so that end-users are responsible for creating these short-cuts. anyone with an xbox remote could use the numeric keypad to get to a specific album (like changing a channel on a satellite receiver -- enter the number followed by ok, or press back to cancel).

this approach seems eminently feasible, and will be a god-send for anyone who has an lcd-based remote (philips, sony, etc).

this same technique would be great for the video section too... imagine your entire dvd library as icons on your lcd remote, with a single button press to start a movie from "my videos"... 250gb hard-drives are plenty cheap!!

thanks,
tim
looking for something similar although the "digit codes" sounds cumbersome. it's more like being able to launch any mediafile directly regardless of where you are in xbmc.

this would include selection of a share+full path and filename to the object in question.

add the possibility to do this via the webserver and it opens a door to very advanced ht automation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Direct Remote Codes (Pronto et al)0