watch movies by genre, year, actor, etc..
Well, love the MediaStream Skin, but i'm having trouble, i can't seem to browse over to by genre, or by year etc. when i select those options all i get is an almost black screen with "objects" in the bottom left. i can click down and scroll but i see nothing, escape brings me back to the main screen. so, any ideas? my screen res is 720x480 running on windows xbmc v.8.10. any help appreciated.
Have you scanned your movies in to the library?
You must scan your folders into the library using the VIDEOS window.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
i already have my 400 movies in my database, they play fine if i just click watch my movies, but i cannot go to the screen for sorting by genre, actor, year...etc
Ok you did add them as source.
But, did you also set content to the source ?
found the problem, if you have "flatten" setting on, they will not display correctly.
Hello...

I'm having trouble with this function as well. I'm on an AppleTV (should this be posted in that forum?) and I only occasionally get the filter by genre, etc, window to pull up in MediaStream. It's happened when stepping back from the Movies library window, though there seems to be no way to replicate what I've done to pull it up.

Is this something that's an issue with MediaStream on the AppleTV or am I missing something?

Flatten is off, by the way.
Solved, for me, by accident.

Right button while on left (main) menu bar.

Ex. - @ Watch Your Movies (Right button takes you to the submenu, while Play/Pause takes you to your library)

Hadn't a clue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
watch movies by genre, year, actor, etc..0