PM3.HD TV, Movies in home MOD
As requested by a few people here is a modification of the pm3.hd skin to have direct links to TV Shows and Movies (Library) in the home screen.

I also figured I may as well do the job proper and added the custom background options for it as well

NOTE!!! This is based of the very latest SVN of PM3.HD (the only version I have) so you will need to obtain a copy of xbmc that is revision 17058 or higher or you will get stuff ups.
THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE XBOX, THE XBOX VERSION STILL NEEDS TO GET MERGED WITH THE LINUX VERSION BEFORE IT WILL WORK

NOTE 2 ! I removed the skin option to have programs in the main menu since it wont work with it
Ahh crap I forgot the download link lol
CLICK ME TO DOWNLOAD
Thank you!
Your welcome
Wow-Looks fantastic!!!

Cant wait till it gets merged for x-box. This plus the new music coverflow view and PMIII-HD is just about perfect!!!
Jezz, any chance for this as an option in skin settings? (Since this seems to be one of the most requested modifications out there).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Jezz_X Wrote:NOTE 2 ! I removed the skin option to have programs in the main menu since it wont work with it

Jezz_X

Is the removal of the programs in PM3HD going to be a permanent thing going forward?
No This mod isn't even currently going to be the way forward, people put a lot of effort into making it possible to disable the video and music libraries and having direct links on the home page to things that may not even exsit = bad

In Fact adding programs back in permantly is going to be the way foward soon when the launching stuff is done
Thumbs Up 
Looks great! Cool

...would is be possible to add this to default PM3.HD and make it so those buttons only is displayed when the the user have scanned Movies and/or TV Shows into the library, (so if the user have no Movies in the library then this "Movies" button in the home menu does not display, and if the user have no TV Shows in the library then this "TV Shows" button in the home menu does not display, and if the user does not have Movies not TV Shows then neither of those buttons are displayed)?

Huh
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Is it feasible with the current skinning engine to have a fully customizable home screen? (not taking into account the "skin programming" work involved).
Looks great! I like the Scripts and Settings buttons at the bottom again!

Fingers crossed Xbox will get a look in.... Smile
Works and looks great in windows xp, thanks.

TC Nod
for those of you that want to try it on the xbox (and no promisises this will work)
download the rar. Take these 3 files and copy them onto the xbox version of pm3.hd

(in the 720p dir)
Home.xml
custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml

(in the media dir)
Textures.xpr

That should give you a working copy and not include all the extra stuff like more than 10 views or music fanart that are not yet in xbox version
Jezz_X Wrote:for those of you that want to try it on the xbox (and no promisises this will work)
download the rar. Take these 3 files and copy them onto the xbox version of pm3.hd

(in the 720p dir)
Home.xml
custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml

(in the media dir)
Textures.xpr

That should give you a working copy and not include all the extra stuff like more than 10 views or music fanart that are not yet in xbox version

were those xml and xpr's supposed to be links to files?

Edit: Just figured out what you meant. Ill give it a go tonight!!
Thanks for this. I was literally about to sit down and try to do the same when I saw your post. Saved me a bunch of time!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PM3.HD TV, Movies in home MOD0