Better "My Programs" config
i was wondering how many people would be interested in a more improved, configurable "my programs" section.

as it is now, it's impossible to really categorize the apps in any way, or rename them. i have a lot of friends coming over to use my xbox for the multitude of emulators i have on there, and with xbmc as my dash, it's not always easy to figure out the emulator by the names.

maybe something really flexible, a la evox?

apologies if this has been brought up before.
correct.. you can't rename, but you can definitely organize them.

how is that you have them organized right now?

or how is that you would like it to work?

please post a sourceforge.net rfe and let me know the link.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ideally, i'd like to...

a) be able to rename the temporary shortcuts that xbmc makes when it scans the directories for .xbe's, and have them not be renamed or reordered whenever i launch the apps (a pref to have them always listed alphabetically?)

b) be able to list and link to these files in the xboxmediacenter.xml, possibly by category (identical to how evox does it)

c) my programs automatically adds only those apps that are not already linked by shortcut files generated by xbmc or in the xml file.

maybe there's a good way to work this into the gui. i'll post a sourceforge request and let you know as soon as i do it.

thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Better "My Programs" config0