Option to on play go to the video info window instead of playing the video directly?
I am curious how hard it would be to have a movie detail screen, like the one attached, after the movie is selected on the Wall Stream view?

This would allow multiple discs under one title for 2 disc movies, or TV on DVD sets.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Newman
Newman Wrote:I am curious how hard it would be to have a movie detail screen, like the one attached, after the movie is selected on the Wall Stream view?

This would allow multiple discs under one title for 2 disc movies, or TV on DVD sets.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Newman

This I believe would be a feature request. Dont think it can be done solely by skinning. When you select the movie it plays. Having this feature however would be very nice.
Thanks, I submitted a thread in the feature request forum.

Newman
Please post a feature request on trac => http://trac.xbmc.org

PS! This is what Boxee's interface does by default in their skin.

Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Although I can see the prettiness in this I can't think of anything more anoying than poping up another window for every file I want to play makign it atleast a 2 click process.

You can allready do this in a round about way anyway all you have to do is make sure you use a skin with a play button in the video info window. then set your keymap to somthig that opens the info window instead of playing
what skins have that capability? i have a lot of TV on DVD series and don't like to see multiple of the same cover in the library.

Newman
Newman Wrote:what skins have that capability? i have a lot of TV on DVD series and don't like to see multiple of the same cover in the library.

Newman

eh? Not sure what that has to do with the video info window but anyway, I think it would be kind of nice sometimes if it would bring up the video info window first for library items, with movies at least. If you want to find a dev to cajole, i think i remember jmarshall wanting something similar during the creation of MediaStream

EDIT: by the way, i'm pretty sure almost all skins have the play button in the video info window..
the multiple disc for same movie/tv on dvd series is why i started this thread. i created the graphic attached to show what i would ultimatly like to achieve, unfortunatly i am not a coder or a skinner, just a happy user.

Newman
You are aware of the stacking capabilities of XBMC, no? Do you use the library? Stacking is automatically enabled in the library and disabled in the files view, I think. Just name your movies something like "Braveheart - Disc 1.avi" and "Braveheart - Disc 2.avi" and they should appear and play as if they were one continuous video in XBMC. You can also split single files up so they show up as different files in XBMC (useful for multipart episodes). I think you just have to name it something like "Lost - 101 + 02 - Pilot.avi" or whatever naming scheme you use. You might have to enable a special setting for that, I can't remember offhand.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to on play go to the video info window instead of playing the video directly?0