Video playback is off-center, problem with ATI hack
currently I have build 17061 installed, this started happening around build 16953.

Going back to older build doesn't fix the problem.

here is the debug info,
http://pastebin.com/f314ef9e

here is the picture of the probem

when I go back to menu, and video is still playing it is normal size (fullscreen)

I have tried placing the advancedsettings.xml in C:\Users\NeKroSoft13\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\UserData

Content of advancedsettings.xml is
<advancedsettings>
<glrectanglehack>yes</glrectanglehack>
</advancedsettings>

only way to workaround this problem is turning off, and re-enabling GPU Scaling in ATI CCC.

and I have to do this everytime i restart the PC, someone please help!

EDIT, also wanted to add
that only widescreen video, doesn't play fullscreen (and center), 4:3 plays fine.
i have a similar problem with one of my setups currently. its been obvious since i upgraded from crt to plasma.(months ago) i figured was just crappy centering of image on cheap aldi plasma.

when i get home, ill post gfx chipset if that helps

*note, ill try to test on 4:3 content if exhibits the same

Dam0
What are your gui and video playback resolutions?
Can you also check if you're running with auto refresh rate (in xbmc) enabled?

I have this same problem (see here) and for me it only happens if I have auto refresh rate enabled (regardless if the media I'm playing is 24 or 60hz).

I too have an Ati card (HD 3870)
mitul103 Wrote:What are your gui and video playback resolutions?

?? you can have different settings for GUI and video playback? I have it set to 1080p.

system specs are
Phenon 9550 X4
2GB DDR2
MSI 780G board
Radeon 3200 (onboard)
Audio over HDMI
just installed the latest build by Jester (17097)

Hando, is right, if auto refresh rate is disabled the problem also goes away.

another workaround is like i mentioned in first post (turning off, and re-enabling GPU Scaling in ATI CCC)

Come on, any input from devs?
Is it possible you didn't calibrate that mode as it now is a different mode (since different is considered a different resolution).

Try this.. While the video is playing, goto the Video Settings and then see if you can calibrate the screen there.

Anyhow, just tossing up ideas.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yep sounds like the same problem I have - for now I'm living without adjust refresh rate option.

Tslayer - I don't think the calibration option will do the trick - if you see my thread you can see that each rez and rfresh rate works fine full screen in both desktop and xbmc but only if set from the desktop. Changing the resolution in xbmc to anything other than the desktop setting (even if it is a tested resolution) makes the picture do this.

BTW I don't use CCC GPU scaling as my TV is set to 1:1 pixel ratio on 1080p.

*EDIT* - I'm trying to trouble shoot this but unfortunately I made the classic mistake of updating vid drivers, getting new ver of xbmc and changing the way my HTPC is wired in all at the same time. I've rolled back to a known working version of xbmc and problem still existed.

Nekro: have you recently updated vid drivers?
UPDATE - for any others having this issue:-

For some utterly bizarre reason ATI drivers default to underscanning.

Goto CCC on a new catalyst install and look at the scaling options tab - it goes from minus something to 0 and the slider is set in the middle (a large underscan).

To fix the above problem - load up every resolution and refresh rate your TV supports in windows and change this option to 0 (for every setting: 1080-60hz, 1080-24hz etc.) once.

Then all is fine.

Hope this helps someone including Nekrosoft

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback is off-center, problem with ATI hack0