Integrated reading of Blu-ray folder / file-structure and autostart without menu?
rayholland Wrote:any progress on this topic?

Doubtful. XBMC is about to enter feature freeze anyway.
spozen Wrote:So what TeknoJnky is talking about is some kind of playlist that automatically figures out the correct order of the m2ts files. .

that is a bad idea, for few reasons

1) tv shows, multiple large files
2) some movies have regular and extented version of the movie
3) look at number 2, those movies to save space are cut in bunch of tiny m2ts files and then organized in different order

what would work great is playlist detection, and list m2ts file used, streams being used and lenght

the playlists already exist, all xbmc needs to is read them and display the choice(s) to the user if necessary.
If libbluray continues the way it is at the moment (many regular commits) it might provide a solution. Not sure of the legality of it all though.
redtapemedia Wrote:If libbluray continues the way it is at the moment (many regular commits) it might provide a solution. Not sure of the legality of it all though.

Should be no legal problems for reading/playing unencrypted content...
For me personally, a full blown BR menu and UDF2.5 support is not needed, only check when selecting an iso, if there is a m2ts file in \BDMV\STREAM\* and play it.

I have a large collection of avcd iso's and they all have only one m2ts file in \BDMV\STREAM. At this moment i have to mount the iso in a console and browse to the m2ts file with xbmc. This works, but i would love to see if someone could make a (personal) patch to play the m2ts file in a iso automatically.

Could this be done? Any volunteers?
rayholland Wrote:For me personally, a full blown BR menu and UDF2.5 support is not needed, only check when selecting an iso, if there is a m2ts file in \BDMV\STREAM\* and play it.

I have a large collection of avcd iso's and they all have only one m2ts file in \BDMV\STREAM. At this moment i have to mount the iso in a console and browse to the m2ts file with xbmc. This works, but i would love to see if someone could make a (personal) patch to play the m2ts file in a iso automatically.

Could this be done? Any volunteers?

Most but not all bluray disks follow this convention. Coding something like this will only generate tons of tech support problems when XBMC hits these type of bluray disks.
I understand this patch would be too specific and can not be in mainline.
But maybe someone is willing to write some code for me personally, wihout any warranty's or whatever. It's a shame i can't program C, otherwise i would try todo it myself.
All the blu-ray iso's i have, are in this format -> only one m2ts file in \BDMV\STREAM\ (all the other folders are empty)
no one? i would make a donation if someone could help.
Lightbulb 
Been reading up on this for the last few weeks. Looks like theres been real progress in creating an open source player for linux over at doom9.org. Any chance of seeing it intrograted into xbmc in the future?

I have bluray playback running on my homemade nvidia ion box thru win7 but boot into xbmc/ubuntu for everthing else.

Read full details of the new libbluray here
Hello together,
unfortunally I'm not an expert in coding, but I think the feature to play bluray file structure (not copy protected) or better an ISO with bluray file structure would be a killer feature for xbmc.
If I understand rigth, the main part is to find the m2ts files in the correct order (playing a single file is already working) and play it. This sounds quite similar to the implementation of an dvd player.
Well, I found a litte program: BDInfo, incl. source code (c#), which seems to extract exactly the needed information.
link: http://www.cinemasquid.com/blu-ray/tools/bdinfo
As I already said, my coding time is years ahead but with an insider knowledge of the dvdplayer part of xbmc it should be quite easily done Huh

I would do it myself, but I'm complete new to XBMC source and C++ was long ago...
oh sorry,
did not see that BDInfo is written in C#, so it might be not that easy...
I think the first and most important thing is to make available a little example legal BDRip that can be used to try to get this working. The C# and C++ difference is sizable but not impossible to overcome the main problem is that there are not that many legal BDRips available to develop this with.

As for the ugly ass buggy and bloated javascript monstrosities that come for free with many a BR disc I am not sure anyone in their right minds should even consider wanting to have this working under XBMC btu then again if the first part gets done why not the next one as well... Rolleyes
can one of you just try trunk on linux/osx already?
rcoops Wrote:I think the first and most important thing is to make available a little example legal BDRip that can be used to try to get this working. The C# and C++ difference is sizable but not impossible to overcome the main problem is that there are not that many legal BDRips available to develop this with.

As for the ugly ass buggy and bloated javascript monstrosities that come for free with many a BR disc I am not sure anyone in their right minds should even consider wanting to have this working under XBMC btu then again if the first part gets done why not the next one as well... Rolleyes

Just to clarify for me:
Which part of "BDInfo" might considered to be not legal? It just reads the file structure and the content of some meta information and headers. Is this already protected content?

Thanks and regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Integrated reading of Blu-ray folder / file-structure and autostart without menu?1