Integrated reading of Blu-ray folder / file-structure and autostart without menu?
@derloe what I meant was not the legality of the BDInfo tool but the legality of any given BDRip.

Anyway, what Spiff seems to be saying is that there is some progress on this in the Linux/OSX trunk. Meaning it might actually already be implemented. Eek Not sure as I have not booted into Linux yet this year No but if my understanding of the somewhat cryptic comment by Spiff is correct then we will soon see this working even under Windows.
the last time I tried this a couple days ago;

I added a new source and pointed it at a folder with 2 blueray folder rips containing the files and folder structure that was on the discs (using anydvd hd > rip to folder).

One movie was the dark knight, the other kill bill vol 1.

I had set the source to use folder names and unchecked recursive, imdb, and 'scanned for new content' to add the 2 movies to the library.

the scan found the dark knight but didn't find the kill bill. when I tried update library (as opposed to the initial scan for new content) it scrapped and added most/all of the m2ts files (from dark knight) but still no kill bill.

I will update to latest svn and post logs re-creating the above later tonite, to try to determine why it was adding multiple dark knights and no kill bill.
rcoops Wrote:@derloe what I meant was not the legality of the BDInfo tool but the legality of any given BDRip.

Anyway, what Spiff seems to be saying is that there is some progress on this in the Linux/OSX trunk. Meaning it might actually already be implemented. Eek Not sure as I have not booted into Linux yet this year No but if my understanding of the somewhat cryptic comment by Spiff is correct then we will soon see this working even under Windows.

ok, I got it :-)
If this is really an issue I could provide a complete legal and not copy protected bluray conform disc (to be honest it would be a piece of my last holiday sailing trip)
@TeknoJnky did you use the latest SVN version or did you use the latest stable version of XBMC? (I assume you used the latest SVN version but still better ask then make assumptions)

@derloe I managed to get my hands on a BDrip of I have to admit questionable legality (I do own the BD disc and making a backup copy is legal in the country where I reside but still not so sure the publisher will agree)

I should have some time this evening (if the girlfriend is in one of those moods (it is Wednesday after all Wink ) I'll have a look at this and see what I can do. I have been working on getting back on the coding train for a bit now and I am reasonably confident about C# the C/C++ bit might give me some more trouble but then again I used to be able to do that as well (10 or so years ago)
I have a working XBMC build environment already setup so I should be able to just checkout the latest updates and have a go at it.
before you waste your time; i already have better code than what sits in svn in my git, however i'm waiting for a major overhaul from the libbluray guys before i look at it again. that being said, what sits in svn should be able to handle most discs that
1) has > 1 title (that's a bug i have fixed but haven't commited yet)
2) doesn't spread one title over multiple m2ts files (this is why i'm waiting on the libbluray guys).
Fair enough in that case I'll just for learning purposes have a looksy. As I said i'm still trying to get back on the horse after a decade of mostly scripting and or messing about with some light Java stuff.
Hi again,
any news on this topic?

@spiff
Did you do some coding we can test and support you? If yes, which branch of svn is it / where I can find it?

Thanks
nothing i want to publicize yet, it's too hacky and has some major issues Smile

i will return to it once the new libbluray is public.
spiff Wrote:nothing i want to publicize yet, it's too hacky and has some major issues Smile

i will return to it once the new libbluray is public.

Spiff,

Anything new on this front? Thanks!
no. my git got corrupted and i have lost all my diffs on top of the lack of activity on the libbdnav homepage.
What about any progress of this feature in the windows trunk as well? Is anyone working on it or is it linux only for now due to libbluray?
I'm trying not to start a new thread on this, but is there any progress on blu-ray directory structure support in the linux or windows releases of xbmc?
is it possible tu use the libbluray from videolan.org?

http://git.videolan.org

mentally
mentally Wrote:is it possible tu use the libbluray from videolan.org?

http://git.videolan.org

mentally

It should be possible. libbdnav that's in xbmc already is really libbluray.
There's been quite a bit of movement on the libbluray library as of late: http://ns0.videolan.org/?p=libbluray.git;a=summary

Additionally, mplayer just released a new version to CVS (using libbluray) that will play blu-ray. Won't do menus, but it's still a big step forward.

More:
http://wonkabar.org/2010/07/08/mplayer-l...y-support/
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p...ost9553475

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Integrated reading of Blu-ray folder / file-structure and autostart without menu?1