Anyone got the idle timeout action to work? XBMC not qutting after timeout, a bug?
Question 
I need XBMC to quit after a period of time of "not being used".

I've set the Idle Timeout to be 15 minutes, and the Idle Timeout Action to be "Quit".

Nothing happens after 15 minutes of inactivity though.

XBMC is being autostarted by XFCE in Mythbuntu using "xbmc" command. I'm using the WiiRemoteNew event client from trac, which uses the WiiUse libraries rather than CWiid.

Am I doing something else wrong in my configuration? Or, might there be something that is somehow keeping XBMC "active"?
The entire Application::CheckShutdown method in XBMC is empty on non-Mac platforms (all the code in there is #ifdef'd such that it will only be included on the Apple builds). I have no idea why this is the case.

I did get idle timeouts to work but only by editing the XBMC code on my local copy so that this method's code is compiled on Linux but with a minor change so it calls getApplicationMessenger().Shutdown() instead of the Cocoa sleep function currently there for the Mac code.
Trac ticket created at http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5714
Fixed in svn r17165, thx for patch.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone got the idle timeout action to work? XBMC not qutting after timeout, a bug?0