Customizable Home Screen
I guess this is first and foremost a question/proposal for Jezz_X and Jonathan, but if anyone has insight please comment.
First and foremost I am interested in knowing if what I propose in my horrible mockups is possible with the current XBMC skinning engine, and if so how hard it is to implement (and I guess if there is general interest in it within the team).

Below is a mockup of Skin settings where you can customize the Home screen with up to seven "slots".
Once you specify Off or None, XBMC stops processing all slots beyond that, which could result in a Home screen with fewer than 7 visible selections.

To give us something like this:

Throughout the years help with modifying the home screen has been one of the most reqested topics out there, this would maybe give a big portion of the user base the abilty to do that in a very easy manner.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i agree. i think this is a great idea. i occasionally customise my pm3hd skin and then they go and release a new version ie for music fanart support etc so i have to keep recustomizing the xmls.

would be much easier if there were some skin settings for more things. like font sizes
and system info on home screen because it just displays my cpu speed and video decoder which i dont really need to be shown. it would be nice if i could choose to display
xbox nickname and freespace on F and G drives. as it stands now iv got to keep editing the new release xmls because i dont know which changes they have made to which xmls.

and the option to rename home page sections would be nice so instead of programs i can have games (like the Aeon options)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customizable Home Screen0