XBMC Remote Control Issue
Question 
Hi

I have setup my XBMC and it works like a dream except one thing. When i boot the machine from off, i have the XBMC app in the startup folder so it opens straight away.

However once XBMC starts i cannot use my remote until a press a button on the keyboard first then after this i can use my remote.

I have an Antec Fusion case and IMON software with the XBMC details loaded into it.

Once a button on the keyboard is pressed i can use the remote without any issues.

Please help.
gerryyoung1977 Wrote:Hi

I have setup my XBMC and it works like a dream except one thing. When i boot the machine from off, i have the XBMC app in the startup folder so it opens straight away.

However once XBMC starts i cannot use my remote until a press a button on the keyboard first then after this i can use my remote.

I have an Antec Fusion case and IMON software with the XBMC details loaded into it.

Once a button on the keyboard is pressed i can use the remote without any issues.

Please help.

Can anyone shed any light on thi, do i need to post more info?
It sounds like it doesn't have the focus until you press the keyboard.

Try using this vbscript to start XBMC instead -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=266...stcount=99
Hitcher Wrote:It sounds like it doesn't have the focus until you press the keyboard.

Try using this vbscript to start XBMC instead -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=266...stcount=99

Yeah its a tho the app is running on the background so it wont let me use the remote.

Thanks for that script, i'll try tonight when i get home.
gerryyoung1977 Wrote:Yeah its a tho the app is running on the background so it wont let me use the remote.

Thanks for that script, i'll try tonight when i get home.

Hi

A quick question, as im using my harmonay remote to boot the pc from cold and then i have the xbmc.exe in the startup folder, by running the script above, will that have any effect on my remote as it stands?

Basically the program when running feels like it isnt activated and pressing a button on the keyboard activates it and then i can use my remote, bit confusing i agree.

All help appreciated, would a debug log show anything?

A quick question, as im using my harmonay remote to boot the pc from cold and then i have the xbmc.exe in the startup folder, by running the script above, will that have any effect on my remote as it stands?

Basically the program when running feels like it isnt activated and pressing a button on the keyboard activates it and then i can use my remote, bit confusing i agree.

Am i alone on this one guys?

Have you tried putting one of the shortcuts in the Start folder instead of xbmc.exe?
Hitcher Wrote:Have you tried putting one of the shortcuts in the Start folder instead of xbmc.exe?

Hi

Its the shortcut i take from the XBMC Media Centre folder that i copy the shortcut from and place it in the startup folder.

I'm assuming thats the right thing to do, could the skin have any effect on it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote Control Issue0